1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID newbie question - what about hi beams?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Raylo, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Aug 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    Raylo

Raylo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    The HID projectors I have seen for sale say that they are only for the low beams. Do they usually include regular halogen hi beams? Or no hi beam at all? I assume that HIDs might not be great for highs since it takes a few seconds to strike an arc and develop a stable beam. Wouldn't work for quick flashing....

2. Aug 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    cellzone77

cellzone77 Active Member

Member:
    El Monte
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Screaming A/C
    When i got my hid kit, seller asked me if i wanted to get low+high or just low only, i ended up getting the lowandhigh combo, but high is regullar halogen light attached right next to hid bulb, i havnt seen a h4 bulb with low and high hid combo, its usally hid low regular halogen attached as high

3. Aug 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    Raylo

Raylo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    Thanks for the info. I am more interested in actual replacement projector headlights than the kits that put HID bulbs in the OEM headlight housing. I assume they would include a halogen hi beam projector but the product info I have seen is silent on that point. I have a question to a seller on eBay.. perhaps he will shed some light on the subject. Sorry, I know this is lame humor....;-)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    H4 do have HI & LOW on HID. There is two type of HID for HI/LOW
    1 - Is the HID with Halogen bulb.
    2 - Is the HID will control by a magnetic relay, when you want the HI Beam, the bulb will tilt up control by the magnetic. I have thaty one on my 09Taco . It work wonderful.

Also like what you said, can buy a brand new set of Headlight housing, with seperate Hi,/ Low beam, but be careful which one you choose, the price around 225 to 250 are the best

Products Discussed in

To Top