Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID newbie question - what about hi beams?

Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
HID newbie question - what about hi beams?

The HID projectors I have seen for sale say that they are only for the low beams. Do they usually include regular halogen hi beams? Or no hi beam at all? I assume that HIDs might not be great for highs since it takes a few seconds to strike an arc and develop a stable beam. Wouldn't work for quick flashing....
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
cellzone77 is on a distinguished road
cellzone77's Tacoma Gallery
When i got my hid kit, seller asked me if i wanted to get low+high or just low only, i ended up getting the lowandhigh combo, but high is regullar halogen light attached right next to hid bulb, i havnt seen a h4 bulb with low and high hid combo, its usally hid low regular halogen attached as high
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. I am more interested in actual replacement projector headlights than the kits that put HID bulbs in the OEM headlight housing. I assume they would include a halogen hi beam projector but the product info I have seen is silent on that point. I have a question to a seller on eBay.. perhaps he will shed some light on the subject. Sorry, I know this is lame humor....;-)
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
H4 do have HI & LOW on HID. There is two type of HID for HI/LOW
1 - Is the HID with Halogen bulb.
2 - Is the HID will control by a magnetic relay, when you want the HI Beam, the bulb will tilt up control by the magnetic. I have thaty one on my 09Taco . It work wonderful.

Also like what you said, can buy a brand new set of Headlight housing, with seperate Hi,/ Low beam, but be careful which one you choose, the price around 225 to 250 are the best