Notices

Fog Light Switch

Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
kirkdbjl is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-6 Retired
Name: Duane
kirkdbjl's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light Switch

I just purchased my new 09 Tacoma and want to install some auxilary fog lamps 0n my Bull Bar in addition to the factory lamps.

I am trying to find a switch that will replace one of the blanks in the dash that will look factory with an on indicator light.

I have found the following FJ switch PT297-35070-AS, but am not sure if it will work. Does anyone out there know?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if thats the right one, but they sell OEM switches on Ebay.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Radio shack has a ton of differnet styles just buy which ever one you like and cut the blank off plates to fit.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i got an oem switch off ebay for about 20 bucks shipped.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
kirkdbjl is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-6 Retired
Name: Duane
kirkdbjl's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info but I am new to this type of thing and do not know what OEM is?

I take it from the replies there isn't a switch made you can take the blank out and replace it with except a factory toyota fog light switch($60.00)that you simply need to find a switch that will work and install it on the blank after some modification?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Coprolite
monrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to all

monrad's Tacoma Gallery
See thread:
<http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/15476-oem-style-switch.html>

Part No. 0055035976 can be had at the dealer for about $12 or less.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the same switch. $10 at my local dealer.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #10
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
got this one off amazon i believe....its made by daystar...got green to go w/ the truck...kinda big and gnarly rocker...

Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
You can go this route, $8 each at the stealership, or e-bay I believe.
Did yours require any magic to fit? I'm reluctant to use too much force here.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
Fish Head is on a distinguished road

Fish Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
You can go this route, $8 each at the stealership, or e-bay I believe.
Seriously...........I went & bought 3 through my local dealership, just shy of $100.00 for all 3 after I was taxes in - brutal considering the price point you guys are scooping them at.
They'll be going in shortly, as all my other lighting components are finally here.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #14

Quick question now that my hands are scratched to crap from burrowing around blindly up in behind my dash - how does one access the area behind the upper 3 switches ? The lower 3 is a simple remove the tray and pop 'em out from behind.........the upper 3 are shielded from below it seems.
I'm wanting to move (re locate) the factory alarm light/sensor from the lower middle slot to the upper middle slot, leaving the lower 3 for the new auxillary lighting switches.
Any way to do this simply without yarding half the dash out ?? I've looked around a bit for links but haven't hit on the right one yet.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
drmadron is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: don
drmadron's Tacoma Gallery
well l just found out my 2010 tacoma v6 4x4 did not come with wiring for fog light so l have to buy aftermarket fog lights and wiring any know where to buy a nice set of aftermarket fog lights.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I just taped in to the wire on the fogs for signal to turn on my hellas.I have a seperate power source and a relay. Works good cause I dant use the fogs any ways.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #17
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Head View Post
Seriously...........I went & bought 3 through my local dealership, just shy of $100.00 for all 3 after I was taxes in - brutal considering the price point you guys are scooping them at.
They'll be going in shortly, as all my other lighting components are finally here.
true definition of stealership right there....
Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
Old Member
DanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
Access to foglight switch panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Head View Post
Quick question now that my hands are scratched to crap from burrowing around blindly up in behind my dash - how does one access the area behind the upper 3 switches ? The lower 3 is a simple remove the tray and pop 'em out from behind.........the upper 3 are shielded from below it seems.
I'm wanting to move (re locate) the factory alarm light/sensor from the lower middle slot to the upper middle slot, leaving the lower 3 for the new auxillary lighting switches.
Any way to do this simply without yarding half the dash out ?? I've looked around a bit for links but haven't hit on the right one yet.
Did anyone ever answer your question about accessing the upper switch area to add a fog light switch? I have the same question.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
Did anyone ever answer your question about accessing the upper switch area to add a fog light switch? I have the same question.
Holy thread revival Batman!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
You've got mail......