1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

replacing stock fogs with PIAA's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by blacktxsr5, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Aug 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM
    blacktxsr5

blacktxsr5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Rockwall TX
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    k&n drop in, 2.5 daystar front spacer lift, Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs, Luminetics Krypton Yellow fog light bulbs, Superbrightleds.com orange light (cup holder mod), GoRhino push bumper, PIAA
    hello all question.... i have 09 tacoma with stock fogs, i want to replace the stocks with some PIAAs, what all would this require.... i know how to splice the wires in and all that stuff, im more interested to see if anyone has done this, let me know.

2. Aug 29, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    blacktxsr5

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Rockwall TX
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    k&n drop in, 2.5 daystar front spacer lift, Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs, Luminetics Krypton Yellow fog light bulbs, Superbrightleds.com orange light (cup holder mod), GoRhino push bumper, PIAA
    anyone?

3. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I would hold off for awhile. Someone on this forum said that
    PIAA is coming out with a kit for the 2nd gen Tacomas this year. They already have one for the Tundra.

4. Aug 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    blacktxsr5

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Rockwall TX
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    yeah when i was at the dealership i saw that one.... so i figured it may be coming soon, i think i will wait.

5. Aug 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    Menametony

Menametony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    i just installed some piaa's on my truck... you dont really need anything... its pretty much just install and get the switch to the inside of the truck.. i went through the firewall.. i just pulled the rubber boot and it allowed room for the switch.. i figured this out after cutting the wire and then putting it back... bleh.. so.. THERE IS NO CUTTING OF WIRES REQUIRED... good luck...

6. Aug 31, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    If you are wanting to put the new lights to the stock fog switch it is really easy. Just disconnect the old lights, cut off the connector piece from the wires, and then connect the new light wires to the ones already on the truck. I believe, coming out of the truck, that the green wire is the positive one. If you really wanna know let me know and I will run out to my truck and check lol

7. Aug 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Keep the stock fogs....

Add the PIAA's for additional lighting.

I think the stock fog lights throw some pretty damn good lighting on the roadway. I wouldn't remove 'em.

8. Aug 31, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Ya they are bright, they just wouldn't fit into the holes of my bumper so I had to get a different size.

Products Discussed in

To Top