Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

replacing stock fogs with PIAA's

Old 08-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
blacktxsr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
blacktxsr5's Tacoma Gallery
replacing stock fogs with PIAA's

hello all question.... i have 09 tacoma with stock fogs, i want to replace the stocks with some PIAAs, what all would this require.... i know how to splice the wires in and all that stuff, im more interested to see if anyone has done this, let me know.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I would hold off for awhile. Someone on this forum said that
PIAA is coming out with a kit for the 2nd gen Tacomas this year. They already have one for the Tundra.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
blacktxsr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
blacktxsr5's Tacoma Gallery
yeah when i was at the dealership i saw that one.... so i figured it may be coming soon, i think i will wait.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
i just installed some piaa's on my truck... you dont really need anything... its pretty much just install and get the switch to the inside of the truck.. i went through the firewall.. i just pulled the rubber boot and it allowed room for the switch.. i figured this out after cutting the wire and then putting it back... bleh.. so.. THERE IS NO CUTTING OF WIRES REQUIRED... good luck...
Old 08-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
thekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thekidcatcher's Tacoma Gallery
If you are wanting to put the new lights to the stock fog switch it is really easy. Just disconnect the old lights, cut off the connector piece from the wires, and then connect the new light wires to the ones already on the truck. I believe, coming out of the truck, that the green wire is the positive one. If you really wanna know let me know and I will run out to my truck and check lol