Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED lights in the dome

Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
LED lights in the dome

i know its hard to tell, but these 12 little LED lights light up my whole cab
Attached Thumbnails
LED lights in the dome-picture-015.jpg  
Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

all i can say is that the bulb cost $20.....my friend slapped it in there for me when he did my black vinyl bumper.....sorry i don't have more info.......also there are 12 LED lights 4 rows of 3.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
That's cool! I have a similar one. Great choice by goin with the surface mount LEDs on a circuit board rather than the ones that are like 3x2 and don't light up anything.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
i have one thats the 3x2 with 48leds and if u say they dont light up anything then you have not seen one in person.... the things are bright as hell and look badass. i love mine and it was only like 15 dollars or so from ebay
Old 09-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought the same ones off of Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290338907005
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
install takes all of 5 minutes... super easy just pop the cover off the dome, slip the old bulb out slide the new adapter in figure out where u wana stick the light and shazam!! lol
Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
That's cool! I have a similar one. Great choice by goin with the surface mount LEDs on a circuit board rather than the ones that are like 3x2 and don't light up anything.

thanks Viet these things are bright.....i can even see inside my car through my dark back window tint.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
i have one thats the 3x2 with 48leds and if u say they dont light up anything then you have not seen one in person.... the things are bright as hell and look badass. i love mine and it was only like 15 dollars or so from ebay
I meant 3x2 as in these:

I never said 3"x2"...
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post

This is what I have in my dome light. It provides more than enough light in my opinion. I do have my map lights connected with the dome light, so there is plenty of light when a door is opened or the dome light is switched on.
i had that one and it was kinda weak. it went out after a month or so. I did just order the 42 LED dome light though
Old 09-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
Spiral out...
TOOLguy420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
TOOLguy420's Tacoma Gallery
These are made with Luxeon (surface mount) LEDs, and are the brightest:

These are made with standard LEDs, not as bright:

Both are very low current consumption, so if you leave your dome light on overnight, you won't (read: shouldn't) come out to a dead battery.

LED's Rule
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #14
Fo_SheeZy is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Fo_SheeZy's Tacoma Gallery
I got all my LED's from v-leds.com and oznium.com
LED is the way to go, and they'll last a long time if you go with a good brand, never tried the cheap ones off Ebay but I haven't heard but things about them either.

Here's what I changed:
-Four door lights (194)
-Two Map Lights (194)
-Glove Box Light (74)
-Two Mirror Lights (Vanity, get them here: http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/f...2433/SFV/32481 )
-Middle Dome Light (Oznium Ultra-Thin 18-LED)
-Trunk Dome Light (Oznium Ultra-Thin 18-LED)

Rear Shots, Middle & Trunk Dome Light:

Front Shot, Middle & Trunk Dome Light:

Map Lights:

Map Lights + Mirror Lights:

Backseat:

Door Light:

Glove Box:
Old 09-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
i miss my 04
rendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rendog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy View Post
I got all my LED's from v-leds.com and oznium.com
LED is the way to go, and they'll last a long time if you go with a good brand, never tried the cheap ones off Ebay but I haven't heard but things about them either.

Here's what I changed:
-Four door lights (194)
-Two Map Lights (194)
-Glove Box Light (74)
-Two Mirror Lights (Vanity, get them here: http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/f...2433/SFV/32481 )
-Middle Dome Light (Oznium Ultra-Thin 18-LED)
-Trunk Dome Light (Oznium Ultra-Thin 18-LED)

Rear Shots, Middle & Trunk Dome Light:

Front Shot, Middle & Trunk Dome Light:

Map Lights:

Map Lights + Mirror Lights:

Backseat:

Door Light:

Glove Box:
nice ride bro. what shade of white are the dome lights? warm white, white, or cool white?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #16
Fo_SheeZy is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Fo_SheeZy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, they are just regular white.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for where I can blue LEDs for my dome light? Always wanted a blue one to light up the cab.

Will this work and have everything I need to install it?

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...68715-1-2.html
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
$DO WORK$

Firefighter:
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
go to ebay and get the 48led dome light. its like 15 dollars or so i think and its super bright and super blue. i get soooo many compliments on mine
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
go to ebay and get the 48led dome light. its like 15 dollars or so i think and its super bright and super blue. i get soooo many compliments on mine
What are all those extra pieces for lol? I don't understand where they all go. How do you get the cover off your dome light?

Could you possibly take a picture of the process and of the lights themselves?