LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Should I get Bi-xenon??

Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Should I get Bi-xenon??

I'm gonna jump on the group buy for HID's but am debating between Bi-xenon or xenon. What's your opinions? Is it bright enough to the point you don't need high beams? Thanks.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I'm gonna jump on the group buy for HID's but am debating between Bi-xenon or xenon. What's your opinions? Is it bright enough to the point you don't need high beams? Thanks.
Get the hi/lows. They're not much more $ and that way you can aim the lows down so you don't blind people...
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Get the bi's.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
weaselson is on a distinguished road
weaselson's Tacoma Gallery
get the bi's.I had to crank my lows way down but I love the light up the world light that you get.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to bet the HIDs I guess get the Bi xenons. It is never a really good idea to put a HID system in a reflector housing not designed for HID lamps but a ton of people do it. As you can see others have stated that they have had to aim they're headlights down to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
96tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: aj
96tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
retrofit some projectors in your stock housings. they are more expensive but a way better way to go. brighter than if you just put them in your stock headlights, dont blind oncoming traffic and get the cops attention and better than ebay.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tacoma View Post
retrofit some projectors in your stock housings. they are more expensive but a way better way to go. brighter than if you just put them in your stock headlights, dont blind oncoming traffic and get the cops attention and better than ebay.
finally someone else who agrees with going with a retro!!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #9
Fo_SheeZy is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Fo_SheeZy's Tacoma Gallery
Do you travel on a lot of dark country roads or do any night offroading? If not then I'd just get the regular low beams, hell I never use my high beams and I travel on all kinds of dark roads with no lighting. My low + fog HID's are plenty enough light.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #10
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I'd still get the bi's. When I had my tacoma I tried to just use lowbeams. It wasnt that great. Fo SheeZy, when did you get on here? I been on t4r.org for a little while just not a big time posted on there.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
Fo_SheeZy is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Fo_SheeZy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
I'd still get the bi's. When I had my tacoma I tried to just use lowbeams. It wasnt that great. Fo SheeZy, when did you get on here? I been on t4r.org for a little while just not a big time posted on there.
lol registered here yesterday, we've owned a couple of Tacoma's before so I figured what the hell.. might as well register!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tacoma

finally someone else who agrees with going with a retro!!
It's really the correct way to do it. Plus, the benefit far outweighs the cost.

When I had my Accord on was on one of the Accord forums if someone mentioned putting an HID system in their reflector housing they were slaughtered and hung out to dry. Everyone on TW seems pretty lax about it.