Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill

Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill

So, I decided to do the 7" Kragen HID off load lights behind my grillcraft grill. My friend fabbed up a custom bracket. Overall I'm really pleased how they came out. Since I mounted them with the bolts facing center i did have to open up the lights and rotate the lenses so that the beam pattern would be correct. It is pretty late so i didnt get a real good shot of them. I will try to get an shot of how well they light up another night. but heres a quick shot of how they look off. I still need to take the bracket out and sand and paint it. I think the left one in the pic is a little lower than the other. I will adjust that tomorrow. I did go for a quick drive down a country road and these suckers are BRIGHT.

Attached Thumbnails
Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-p1020535.jpg  
Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
i think thats badass. i have been wanting to replace my hellas with these forever but i have no welding skillz.

how much space is there between the face of the light and the edge of the inner grille lip? im wondering if they'd fit still if i did the recessed grille mod.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Curious on same question above.

Can you take a pic of your bracket and the way you have it mounted? Also one looking down in so we can see how much space is in front and behind of the lights so we can tell how much room there is left to work with?

Nice job getting those in there, I too would like to upgrade my Hella 500's. I might try fitting 3 pro comp lights back there if my friend hooks me up with a deal.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Here we go.. took the whole thing out and painted the bracket today. Its a little crude but its quite strong and will be pretty invisible behind the grill.

Attached Thumbnails
Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-dsc02083.jpg   Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-dsc02084.jpg   Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-dsc02086.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
looks awsome great job
Old 09-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Can we get a beam/action shot?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Can we get a beam/action shot?
let me see what i can do. The problem is that most point and shoot digital cams dont work well enough in low light to give an acurate idea of what it looks like.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Navy:
I had to get pretty close to something for the camera to pick up the difference. The beam spreads out more at more distances. It really lights things up.

Just my headlights.

With the OR HIDs on.
Attached Thumbnails
Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-p1020572.jpg   Kragen HID OR Lights in the grill-p1020573.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks good!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That's really sweet. One thing I would do is loom up all the exposed wiring. That would make it look nice and clean. BTW, do they vibrate at all?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
That's really sweet. One thing I would do is loom up all the exposed wiring. That would make it look nice and clean. BTW, do they vibrate at all?
no, its nice and solid.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #13
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
hey Seth what is the bulb size?
Here is the info on the lights...

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productd...egoryCode=3151
Old 06-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
They are 35 watt HID bulbs... close to 5,000º K in color. I had them on my Tacoma until the plastic housing cracked from off road driving vibration.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #15
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
EPIC!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
EPIC!
Holy thread resurrection batman.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #18
JR616 is on a distinguished road

Name: JAMES
JR616's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
Greg Graffin 2016

You can but with 12000 it would be useless because there is no usable light from purple.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #20
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR616 View Post
lol what? i need them to be really bright. Arent they just like the regular HIDS where u can change the bulbs?