Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Problem With My HALO's

Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Problem With My HALO's

OK, so my HALO's have been installed and working fine for about a month now and yesterday I noticed that they were a lot dimmer on the passengers side. When I checked them both HALO's and the LED's were out but the dims and brights still work fine. Has anyone had this problem and without buying new lights what can be done to fix this?? They work on different circuits so it's not a power problem but surly I didn't burn all of them in one month?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

OK, so I'm the only one having halo problems. Well I'll just answer myself for the sake of others that might want this knowledge later on. I called the dealer and the "angel eyes" headlights are having a problem burning transformers so when both halo's go out this is what happened. You can order a new transformer or any other parts to fix the halos at https://www.oznium.com and I've even added a link on the "how to" for the transformer change.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=180557
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info even though nobody else cares i'm glad you figured this out. now i'll know what to do when (hopefully it doesnt) it happens! rep for you
Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #4

Your welcome. I called the distributors and here's what I found out. The first gens of halos were made in china and have inferior transistors and have been burning them out at a rapid pace. The new ones are made in Taiwan and are made with better transformers and I've been told that they have resolved the issue. The company I got mine from swapped my first gens for the new upgrade for free but I had to get a little pissy with them first and make a few calls.