LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Blinker conversion

Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Blinker conversion

just did a blinker conversion on my 02 and i love it! it looks soo much better at nite and the blinker is now where its supposed to be!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Moto_Joe is on a distinguished road

EMS: EMT
Name: Joe
Moto_Joe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
just did a blinker conversion on my 02 and i love it! it looks soo much better at nite and the blinker is now where its supposed to be!

yeah that's cool. i did that a few months ago i love it!!!
not many Tacomas have it i get asked about how i did it all the time.

did you get your blinkers to blink normal?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I did this on my '96 T100. Easy mod.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
branden is on a distinguished road
branden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
yeah that's cool. i did that a few months ago i love it!!!
not many Tacomas have it i get asked about how i did it all the time.

did you get your blinkers to blink normal?
Question....

What light system are you using for your fog lights?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Moto_Joe is on a distinguished road

EMS: EMT
Name: Joe
Moto_Joe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by branden View Post
Question....

What light system are you using for your fog lights?
What do you mean?
i Just put the fog lights where the blinkers were and the blinkers where the running lights use to be.

Is that what you are asking?
Old 10-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
no by blinkers are really fast now but i can live wit it cause this mod is sick makes the truck look so much better.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
Grainiac is on a distinguished road
Grainiac's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do this with my 02 Taco, too. Can one of you guys tell me which fog lights you bought (and where), and how you ran the wiring, etc? Thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #10
Can anyone provide details on how to do this? Much appreciated...
Old 10-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
no by blinkers are really fast now but i can live wit it cause this mod is sick makes the truck look so much better.
You need a flasher relay for LEDs.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #12

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure there is a thread on here somewhere how to do it but i pretty much just went to autozone and bought replacement bulbs for the blinkers but got clear bulbs instead of orange ones then all u have to do is take off your side corners locate the four wires 2 going to the blinker down below and 2 going to the side corners then cut them and switch them its really easy only took me about an hour.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'll do this eventually when I replace one of my corner lenses since it's cracked. Not that noticeable, but I'll do it when I do it.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Actually it'll be done by the time spring rolls around since I'll have my new custom bumper on at that time and it'll need to be done since I won't have fog lights on the new bumper or anythign I could use as turn signals. I'll probably do it during winter break though since I'll have time. Or if I get really bored, I'll do it soon.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
Cool-thanks! I'll let you know the results after this weekend.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #17
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Please follow janster's link. it's much better! I followed it and it's perfect, the only thing I changed, is I put a rubber washer in between the socket and housing, no leaks or anything and much easier to replace bulbs.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
the only thing I changed, is I put a rubber washer in between the socket and housing, no leaks or anything and much easier to replace bulbs.
I should've done that also.....
I did have to change my bulb and it was a frigin mess cleaning all that silicone crap off and putting new crap on.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #19

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
y did u have to use silicone??? if u did the mod how i told you there is not use for that all u need is a screw driver some wire cutters.