Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

High Beam indication light

Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
High Beam indication light

Alright so I have had my HIDS in for a few months now and I keep noticing that I keep turning on my highs but the light doesnt come on.. Is there a way I can fix this?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Did you figure out why the high beam light on the dash wont work? Mine does not come on either with the high beams and I need a fix! I was blinding people from behind today not knowing they were on.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to mention I have the DDM HIDs
Old 11-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
YotaComa is on a distinguished road
YotaComa's Tacoma Gallery
Its a common Toyota thing.

I know multiple people using PnP kits on 01-04 models, they have same problem.

Another person using a PnP on a 98, same issue.

I assume it has to do with the fact that the wattage and amperage levels on HID kits are vastly different than halogen setups. Thus the vehicle does not recognize the levels.

With the PnP 9003 (H4) kits, the bulb does not actually change in brightness when you switch to 'high beam'. They just retract a bit, allowing more light to reach the reflector bowl, and thus altering your beam pattern upwards.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
My does the same thing I have a 2000, But It really doesn't matter to me, I can feel the distance between the lever and the wheel and know that the highs are on or not.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #6

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaComa View Post
Its a common Toyota thing.

I know multiple people using PnP kits on 01-04 models, they have same problem.

Another person using a PnP on a 98, same issue.

I assume it has to do with the fact that the wattage and amperage levels on HID kits are vastly different than halogen setups. Thus the vehicle does not recognize the levels.

With the PnP 9003 (H4) kits, the bulb does not actually change in brightness when you switch to 'high beam'. They just retract a bit, allowing more light to reach the reflector bowl, and thus altering your beam pattern upwards.
Thanks for the reply, is that what the magnet is for on the back of the bulb, to alter the high/low beam?
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
From what I know about the second gens (not sure about first gens), the high beam indicator is tied into the driver side light circuit. So if your HIDs are being driven off the passenger side circuit and the driver circuit is unhooked, the indicator would remain unlit. I read on here about hooking in a resistor on the driver side circuit to allow it to work.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
tacosinner is on a distinguished road

tacosinner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to tacosinner
try "bi xenon HID kit" on ebay. its a low and high beam HID bulb. i got em on mine and they look sweet! oh on the second gen the bulbs are h4 type and the fogs 9005 type. good luck.