Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Yellow or blue fogs?

View Poll Results: Keep yellow Lamin-X fogs or change to blue?
Keep Yellow 52 66.67%
Change to Blue 26 33.33%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
TacoSox is on a distinguished road

Name: Diz
TacoSox's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow or blue fogs?

I got the yellow Lamin-X fog light covers and I'm not sure how I feel about them. Should I keep the yellow or switch to blue?
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow or blue fogs?-100_1013.jpg   Yellow or blue fogs?-100_1022.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow, they provide the best contrast.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Blue completely ruins the point.

Change them to 3000K HIDs.

Low beams...

Low beams w/ HID fogs...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
joman is on a distinguished road
joman's Tacoma Gallery
i like yellow...the nokya yellows are great..i have them paired with the headlights as well....yellow headlights and fogs..people hate it..but i think the visibility is great
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on what you use them for. Do you use them to see in the fog? or just to get extra light in daily driving conditions? or is it just for looks? In the last case do anything except yellow film, that shit is UGLY
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #6

TacoSox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Blue completely ruins the point.

Change them to 3000K HIDs.

Low beams...

Low beams w/ HID fogs...

WOW, huge difference. Thanks for the examples. I like your headlights, I plan on putting the halos on mine someday...
Old 09-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #7

TacoSox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
It all depends on what you use them for. Do you use them to see in the fog? or just to get extra light in daily driving conditions? or is it just for looks? In the last case do anything except yellow film, that shit is UGLY
I mainly just use them for better lighting and looks.

I heard a lot of great things about the Lamin-X covers but so far Im a little disappointed. I know it takes some time for all the tiny bubbles to work themselves out but im not very confident at this point.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSox View Post
I mainly just use them for better lighting and looks.

I heard a lot of great things about the Lamin-X covers but so far Im a little disappointed. I know it takes some time for all the tiny bubbles to work themselves out but im not very confident at this point.
I think the tints look cheap and stick out like a sore thumb due to them contrasting with every single aspect of the truck.

Socolax is right on with replacing them with some HIDs. The ones he listed are yellowish, and 6000K is bluish. In between there is white so I would say try some HIDs from 3000K temp to 6000K
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I like the yellow lamin-x on my truck. But I also have a 3K HID kit for them as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yellow will be the brightest for sure, blue is for looks
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Allens_Piece has a spectacular aura aboutAllens_Piece has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Employed
Allens_Piece's Tacoma Gallery
I always thought Blue was for snow, and Yellow for actual fog, and when its so humid you can see the water in the air (no, not rain...). But I could be wrong.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I love the yellow fogs, but I'm actually feeling blue on your Taco. That's something I haven't seen before. Give it a shot!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
blue sucks dick in snow. My 6K hids were garbage in it last winter. I had to turn on my hellas to get any good driving light
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
I think the blue looks alot better but they really dont have any function besides looks. I don't like the yellow ones though, never really have.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
No color will "penetrate" fog further than another. It may give the illusion it is doing so because less light is being reflected to your eye--but that is because less light is being put out. Yellow light may be marginally better because of the way our eyes operate. The red-orange of our gauges from Toyota will have the least impact on our night vision as we drive. Blue is the hardest color for humans to process, and would probably be a bad idea from a functional standpoint. There is a TON of info about this on the web, just Google the issue!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #18
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
i think the blue looks better, but yellow would definiately be more functional
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #19
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
blue?

Might as well have sunglasses on while driving at night.

Seriously, blue will not do a damn thing for ya but get u possibly pulled over.

Rain snow or fog + blue tinted light=

Trying to High-5 Ray Charles.

hahahahahahahaha
Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #20
P-Dub is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for change to 3000K HID's, you can find some cheapie ones on ebay. And if they burn out or break it's only the fogs, you still have your headlights working hopefully.