Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DLAA Brand OEM Fog Light Install, 09 Tacoma

Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Question DLAA Brand OEM Fog Light Install, 09 Tacoma

Looking for help.

I know there are a lot of how to's but did not see one for this OEM style fog light. I purchased DLAA brand (Part #TY227) from http://www.makotoautotrends.com/prod...a91afc010ea7a2 and the wiring directions just suck.
The wire harness provided is to be "plug & play" which appears that it would, but the directions do not indicate as to where the power source connections are made. There are plugs/connectors on all ends, as if to plug into a harness connection, fuse box, etc but I do not see similar plugs on the truck.

Anyone install these before?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
RichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant futureRichXKU has a brilliant future
Name: Rich
RichXKU's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RichXKU
I just got these and I am in the same boat.

These connectors don't seem to have a home under the dash:

Did you ever get them installed?
Old 05-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
jdjonesiii is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Com Nav maintenance
Name: John
jdjonesiii's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota fog light kit has everything. install in about 3 hours.

Gentlemen stop suffering with your fog light problems. Toyora Factory fog light kit with everything. I purchased and installed in about 3 hours. Plug and play. Link also has install instructions. Discounted price from this dealer. http://****************************-2.t...light-kit-2012 John Stone Mountain Georgia

Guys you have to get to the wiring color codes with a good light to see. The color coding is exactly like the install instructions. However, you do have to find the correct ones in the harness. I read the instructions many times. Use T Tap Connectors so you do not have to splice wires.