LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dust Lights

Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Dust Lights

Needem for my rear. Any suggestions?

Needem To be bright too. I dont want another truck in my bed before it realized my dust lights were on.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
the best selection can prolly be found at a truck stop such as Flying J's or Pilot..

LED style will be more rugged since there is no actual light bulb to blow from the shock of hard hits/landings, offers less amperage draw on the electrical system but...

an incandescent style will tend to be brighter and will have a better and more focused light pattern through the dust offering greater distance from which it can be seen.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Always the fix with 100w bulbs, make sure you up grade your wirings for 100 watters. Im using a single Harbor Freight amber fog light as my dust lamp. When Money comes around I will be getting some Hella 550 amber.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
[Andre] Are these the ones that were hanging off the front of your truck?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the front? the ones zip tied? No those are my turn signals. The ones on the bar are hella 4000 pencils with an hid conversion.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Hi
hmm. I dont think I saw your dust lights then. Damn, wish I wouldve so I could get an idea of what Im looking for.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
the best selection can prolly be found at a truck stop such as Flying J's or Pilot..

LED style will be more rugged since there is no actual light bulb to blow from the shock of hard hits/landings, offers less amperage draw on the electrical system but...

an incandescent style will tend to be brighter and will have a better and more focused light pattern through the dust offering greater distance from which it can be seen.
Im trying to look for these two places but cant findem. Do they have online stores or only physical locations?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a ORW or 4wheel parts near you. yea im looking for some right now too. the emergency blinkers barely work when there is 8 truck in the day light.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016

Ok remember on my bed there was a jack that was mounted to a bar? Its the light on the bar.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
Hi
Lol seriously. I could actually see yours when you were behind me but not till you were about to rear end me so I guess its really no use.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #11
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Ok remember on my bed there was a jack that was mounted to a bar? Its the light on the bar.
LOL to be honest with you, no. lol sorry. I wish I couldve trailed behind you at some point to see them in action.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Do you have a ORW or 4wheel parts near you. yea im looking for some right now too. the emergency blinkers barely work when there is 8 truck in the day light.
I have a 4WP but not too keen on going cuz Ive heard their prices suck. I guess I could always getem price matched though.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016

Dust Lights-dust-lamp.jpg

thats a dust lamp

they are these. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=37350 well only one. I gave the other one away
Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #14
Hi
Nice. Well I know what they are/what they look like, but I dont know what 100W looks like in action. Not sure if its as bright as Id like it. Where'd you get the bar? Let me guess...you made that too?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016

100 are Bright the normally they come with 55 watts. Could always have 2 if one doesn't cut it Yeah I made it too. I make everything.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #16
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
100 are Bright the normally they come with 55 watts. Could always have 2 if one doesn't cut it Yeah I made it too. I make everything.
Dam you and your welding knowledge, Im jealous. In any case, I may just end up picking one up from my local Harbor Freight. How much did they run you?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #17
Hi
damnit I really gotta start reading the entire post
nevermind on price request
Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
Greg Graffin 2016

8 bucks using a 20% off coupon, while they were on sale for 9.99

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...0&keycode=0000
Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
just as whatthepho suggested...upgrade to a 100w bulb and re-wire using thicker wire so you don't short anything out..add a rely switch as well. the stock wires on any cheapy light that's converted to a 100w bulb will suck up more amps..the stock wires will not handle the added amps and will melt the power wire, and cause a short somewhere..that situation can start a vehicle fire.

any auto part store will have a selection as well..look in the trailer section