Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

headlight adjustments

Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
toyotagal is on a distinguished road
Name: Jolene
toyotagal's Tacoma Gallery
headlight adjustments

Hey there, I'm new to this, so please bare with me. I need to adjust my headlights and not sure how to go about this. I just changed both bulbs, one is brighter and higher than the other. Can someone tell me how to adjust these?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
one is brighter than the other or they are not projecting at the same angle? if one is brighter that is a light bulb problem. cant really "adjust" that i dont think
Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, I use a phillips screwdriver to adjust mine. They look like little gears and I just stick the screwjy in there and twist until there level. There are 2 gears looking things, one is for up and down and the other is side to side....hope this helps

:Edit: Should've read all the way through
and I would've seen you were talkin
about brightness
Old 10-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
also make sure both are seated correctedly. that is easily over seen.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
How do I know that I seated the bulbs correctly? And yes, I replaced them myself!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Hmmm, I use a phillips screwdriver to adjust mine. They look like little gears and I just stick the screwjy in there and twist until there level. There are 2 gears looking things, one is for up and down and the other is side to side....hope this helps

:Edit: Should've read all the way through
and I would've seen you were talkin
about brightness
Where do I locate the "gears" to adjust them up and down? I'm doing this solo and I thank you in advance
Old 10-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
also make sure both are seated correctedly. that is easily over seen.
+1

Don't adjust them! Leave them as is from the factory. If you headlights were properly and evenly leveled before, there should not be a reason why you would have to adjust them again. Definite get a flashlight in there and make sure all 3 tabs are in the indentations before you push that metal clip over them.