Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lights mounted behind "Grillcraft" Grill...

Old 01-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #42
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
So spent the afternoon yesterday installing. It looks great, but after all of the work the lights shake badly while driving. I pretty much installed just like you, with the exception of the metal support bar.
While driving my lights bounce very bad. I can see it, and can imagine that the oncoming traffic can notice as well.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #44
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you need the metal bracing. The plastic will flex too much. That's probably where most of your bounce is coming from.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #45
MAR69 is on a distinguished road
MAR69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Yep!

I really never liked the bar even before I bought it but I found it on Craigslist for really cheap and decided to give it a try. I had it mounted for about a month and decided I just didn't like it. I would rather go with this look instead.

HI

where did yo get the trd amblem?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #46
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR69 View Post
HI

where did yo get the trd amblem?
you can get them on ebay.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #47
MAR69 is on a distinguished road
MAR69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post

one
question

did you instal the emblem whit 3m Self adhesive ?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #48
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
looks sick cant wait to done mine
Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #49
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR69 View Post
one
question

did you instal the emblem whit 3m Self adhesive ?
Yes, but mine also had 2 threaded posts that fit thru the mesh and connected with small bolts. Held it on tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
looks sick cant wait to done mine
Go for it!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #51
NorCal
CyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to all

CyberTron's Tacoma Gallery
It looks great man. It compliments the grille.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #52
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
great job!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #53
Tacomamoose is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Tacomamoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
....Continued

Relocated the bed outlet button and installed 2 switches next to factory fog light button.

that looks hella good man thats exactly what i want to buy.. how do you like it?? and was it very expensive?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #54
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Name: roger
fibertop's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to order a grillecraft mesh for my 2010 but they said it won't be released for a couple of months. they said it is now a 2 piece grill. Does anyone know what that is going to look like?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #55
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomamoose View Post
that looks hella good man thats exactly what i want to buy.. how do you like it?? and was it very expensive?

Thanks! I liked it when I had it but went back to the stock grille because I am going to eventually install my Nfab light bar. Cost was about $300 total.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
I tried to order a grillecraft mesh for my 2010 but they said it won't be released for a couple of months. they said it is now a 2 piece grill. Does anyone know what that is going to look like?

I haven't heard seen on but I know they were looking for an '10 Tacoma to test fit the new grille.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #57
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Name: roger
fibertop's Tacoma Gallery
well isn't the 2010 grill the same as any other 05+ grill?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #58
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't be surprised if they created a recessed two part kit.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #59
shredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to all
Name: Jace
shredtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
where did u get the trd badges??
Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #60
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtacoma View Post
where did u get the trd badges??

You didn't read a word of the thread did you?