Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lights mounted behind "Grillcraft" Grill...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Lights mounted behind "Grillcraft" Grill...

The lights I used are 6" Hella 500 Driving Lights which can be found at most automotive stores for about $60...These lights come with everything you will need to install them and get them hooked up. I went with aftermarket switches purchased at rallylights.com (http://www.rallylights.com/hella/swi...ted_rocker.asp)

The grill is a Grillcraft which retails for about $160 and can be purchased at Performance Products, 4WheelParts, etc...

I did not go into detail about how I wired the lights or installed the Grillcraft Grill. I followed the step by step instructions that are provided by the manufacturer of each item.

Lights are mounted to the top of the grill frame. I used 1/2" flat steel to reinforce the each side and top.

Color coded each wire so I can easily remove the grill if needed.

SEARCH: hellas,hella 500,hella's,grillcraft,mesh,lights,grill.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

....Continued

Relocated the bed outlet button and installed 2 switches next to factory fog light button.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really sweet, nice job!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
that's awesome!!!! never thought of it, that is what i need!!! good job.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
It looks great! Fantastic mod. I have a Grillcraft grill coming; I may do this for mine. Thanks for the post. Why two switches?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

That does look good. Clean installation. Are the lights behind the mesh, or is it cut out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
that's awesome!!!! never thought of it, that is what i need!!! good job.
You also need chrome or stainless tail light gaurds.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
It looks great! Fantastic mod. I have a Grillcraft grill coming; I may do this for mine. Thanks for the post. Why two switches?
I orginally had the Randy Ellis light bar with 4 lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
That does look good. Clean installation. Are the lights behind the mesh, or is it cut out?
Behind the mesh.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, behind the mesh, as the title of the thread states. I'm an idiot, sorry.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
erock is on a distinguished road

erock's Tacoma Gallery
Can you use the headlights and off road lights at the same time? with fog lights?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #10
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Good job. That is a very professional looking install. The light bar looked pretty damn good too. Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of the light bar?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! I'd like to see some pics, especially some close up shots of the grill with the lights off.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock View Post
Can you use the headlights and off road lights at the same time? with fog lights?
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Good job. That is a very professional looking install. The light bar looked pretty damn good too. Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of the light bar?
I really never liked the bar even before I bought it but I found it on Craigslist for really cheap and decided to give it a try. I had it mounted for about a month and decided I just didn't like it. I would rather go with this look instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Looks awesome! I'd like to see some pics, especially some close up shots of the grill with the lights off.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
erock is on a distinguished road

erock's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!! I want to do this with mine. I really love it! Where did you move the Locking Rear Diff switch? Is it not on the Sport model?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:48 AM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting the close up pic of the grill. Looks kick ass! thats a really good look. If you dont mind me asking, how much was the grill and where did you get it?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #15

Got it thru 4 Wheel Parts for $128. I bought it thru their website when they had 20% off 1 item and free shipping. It usually retails for $160.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
See link below. Tough choice...but yours looks leaner and meaner:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=228904
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
countryboy08 is on a distinguished road
countryboy08's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to countryboy08
whered u get the little trd symbol on the bottom of the grill
Old 03-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy08 View Post
whered u get the little trd symbol on the bottom of the grill
it takes a long time to deliver it but you can find it at. http://www.etamiya.com/shop/shopping_cart.php
Old 03-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #19
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
should've gotten the hella black magic lights for a sleeker look during the day... that's what i was going to do, but then decided on westin bull bar.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #20
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Wow this looks awesome. I went to the Grilcraft site but I have a question. Is this a complete new grill or just a screen to replace the Toy emblem and the black plastic bars in the current grill? If it is a complete replacement do they colormatch it? Are there chrome ones?

I'm adding this to my list of mods. Was going to go with a light bar but this is way better. Especially with those blackmagic hellas.