1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hella 500FF wiring question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MiikeyD, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD [OP] The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    For those with the Hella 500FF or with any knowledge for wiring these guys correctly, does it have to be connected to the damn high beam? still cant get them to work and im about to just ground the high beam wire.

followed the damn diagram http://www.myhellalights.com/mounting_instructions/500_series.pdf
    and it wont work help please :D

2. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    this might help. i installed hella 700 last night in my truck. do all the wiring that the instructions say, but instead of having the green wire go to the Hi beam splice the green wire into the positive wire of the cigarette lighter in your cab. this will let you turn the hella lights on no mater your headlights are on or off, u just half to have your key in and turned to ON or ACC

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    fghtngsquirrel

fghtngsquirrel Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x2 Rad Red *SOLD*
    If you have run the green wire to the fuse box using a fuse tap, make sure you fill the number of fuse "ports". My tap had room for 2 fuses, and would not work with only one.

4. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
  5. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    I have mine Wired in Hot, So I can turn them on and off. I think for that part I Wired it straight to the battery. Battery to switch, switch to relay, Then Battery to Relay. and relay to light.

6. Oct 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    x2 i ran mine to the battery so i can use whenever i want:cool:

7. Oct 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    EDIT: I should have looked at the diagram a little more. Just ground run the wire that is connected to the high beams to a positive source and you'll be good to go. I would hit up the fuse box to a switched source that is ONLY on when the ignition is in the acc/on position so you dint run your battery down.

8. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD [OP] The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    damn i finally get some good responses. i shall try soon thanks a lot!

9. Oct 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM
    MikeyD

MikeyD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    god damn it i though this was my thread for a while. i was trying to figure out when i typed this but just realized that ... its not me hah!... i have a problem with my 500s also... time to find my thread..

10. Oct 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    I used a "Tappa Fuse" and found a, hot all the time, empty fuse recepticle in the relay panel under the hood. Works great.

Products Discussed in

To Top