Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

hella lights question

Old 10-14-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
hella lights question

hey all, i am saving up money for a n-fab or kc light bar for my truck, i plan on putting 4 hella 8" lights on there, but i have seen so many kinds of lights, im puzzled... i can get 4 hella 700ff's from my local parts store for about 160 or so dollars... but i am wondering what the difference is between hella 700 and 700ff, etc etc? can someone recommend some good lights? (using for offroad, fog, dark roads, etc)
thanks all!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I am unsure the difference. Id recommend googling it. I don't think we have many light experts here.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i think the only difference is the beam pattern. I have the 500s and they are a spotlight. I think the FF model might be either a flood/fog style or a driving style.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you want bright, reliable, badass lights check out lightforce. they have diferent covers for them so you can switch from a fog light to a pencile beam in like 30 seconds.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Hella lights are Hella cool!! Get it? Huh? Huh? Man I am funny!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Hella lights are Hella cool!! Get it? Huh? Huh? Man I am funny!
haha
Old 11-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
hey all, i am saving up money for a n-fab or kc light bar for my truck, i plan on putting 4 hella 8" lights on there, but i have seen so many kinds of lights, im puzzled... i can get 4 hella 700ff's from my local parts store for about 160 or so dollars... but i am wondering what the difference is between hella 700 and 700ff, etc etc? can someone recommend some good lights? (using for offroad, fog, dark roads, etc)
thanks all!

FF stands for -Free Form- Is a new design in the projector, reflector. If you can afford them go for a set Hid. I use Hella's on my mtorcycle and truck for years and they took a hell of a beating. If you want a perfect set up you will need two sets. One for fog and another for driving. These are the mini and they are perfect for a motorcycle but for a truck I suggest the 600 series.
Attached Thumbnails
hella lights question-img_0535.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
you can also look at soltek's too, they are great lights and halogen is affordable. i have lightforce 170's and they are great. i don't like hella's or piaa's, had them both and did not like either one.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 500s for 65-75 bucks and convert them to HID with DDMs 55w about 40$ = HIDs lights for about 115$. I love mine! Stock Hella 500s are not that brite IMO.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
best deal on the market, think i will add two 500's converted behind the grill