Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone running Pro Comp 130 Lights?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Anyone running Pro Comp 130 Lights?

I was wondering if anyone was running the Pro Comp 130 Series 8" lights. I was running Hella 500's, but wanted to go to something else and sold them. Are the Pro Comp lights pretty good? I am looking at going with an 8" lights, but not looking to spend a fortune on new lights. Thanks!!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
No one? :-(
Old 10-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think the pro comps are a very good brand for lights, the ones ive seen are cheap.
for lights spending a few extra bucks is worth the quality you will get. check out the lightforce lights.
hella makes a bigger version of the 500s...they are the 700s.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Love the LightForce lights, but the pricing on them are really expensive. I can't see spending $200 on a pair of Lancers and then have to buy the wiring harness also. I also am looking at the KC Daylighters. AutoAnything has them for $108 a set.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they are pretty bright. i had a buddy with a first gen with 2 pair.
Im just not a fan of the meta/chrome housing.
and making your own wiring harnes is alot cheaper than buying one pre packaged
Old 10-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of KC Daylighters. I'm replacing them in the spring with 2 sets of KCs that I'm getting for free.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
I have a set of KC Daylighters. I'm replacing them in the spring with 2 sets of KCs that I'm getting for free.
Do you like the Daylighters? What KC lights are you going to?
Old 10-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
Do you like the Daylighters? What KC lights are you going to?
I like them. They work well for my needs. I think the new ones are Daylighters, but I'm not 100% sure. My cousin is currently doing an SAS and other various things, so come spring, he's getting a new custom bumper and giving me his current custom bumper and his 4 KC Daylighters. So I'm replacing mine since his are newer and in better condition compared to mine. He likes his a lot, but he's replacing his with some new concept that his buddy has developed I think.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like them. They work well for my needs. I think the new ones are Daylighters, but I'm not 100% sure. My cousin is currently doing an SAS and other various things, so come spring, he's getting a new custom bumper and giving me his current custom bumper and his 4 KC Daylighters. So I'm replacing mine since his are newer and in better condition compared to mine. He likes his a lot, but he's replacing his with some new concept that his buddy has developed I think.
So you are going from one pair of DAylighters to 2 pairs of DAylighters?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you are going from one pair of DAylighters to 2 pairs of DAylighters?
Yep. My cousin's 2 pairs are in better condition than mine and he's offered them to me, so I said I'd take them off his hands.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. My cousin's 2 pairs are in better condition than mine and he's offered them to me, so I said I'd take them off his hands.
Are you running relays to your current Daylighters? I was looking on AutoAnything and it looks like they sell two types of kits. The one kit is $108, but doesn't look like it comes with a relay and has a DIY wiring kit. The other kit is $134 and it comes with a relay and a preterminated wiring harness.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I believe mine have the relay and a preterminated wiring harness, but I'm not 100% since they were already installed when I bought my truck. Mine's a 1st gen too, just an FYI.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone was running the Pro Comp 130 Series 8" lights. I was running Hella 500's, but wanted to go to something else and sold them. Are the Pro Comp lights pretty good? I am looking at going with an 8" lights, but not looking to spend a fortune on new lights. Thanks!!
,Yep..I've been using 2 for over a year now.For $40 they put out a good amount of light.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #14

arent they sold as singles, not as a pair?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 6" Pro Comp 100W lights on mine. I like them. They are very bright. They happen to have a blue ring around the lens that matches my SWB.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #16
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
arent they sold as singles, not as a pair?
As far as i know,they're sold separate.