Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Driving lights to go in turn signal holes

Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
slickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really nice

Name: David
slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
Driving lights to go in turn signal holes

I have an 03 tacoma and want to put some lights in there. I need about an 8in long light. Dose anyone know where i can get one. I have googled untill i am tired of looking so i figured yall might know where to get some.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
I think there have been people on this board who have done a mod to make their factory turn signals into fog lights. I might be worng. Im sure some first gen guys will be here soon to give you the right info. Good luck!!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
slickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really nice

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah hopefully. all i know is that they say that you can't put different bulbs in the factory lens because the bulbs will melt them.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to do that...but never ended up doing it on my 96. I converted the corner lenses to blinkers, and that's as far as I got. The biggest issue (for me) was finding a good place to mount the lights. That bumper valance is plastic and there's really not much there (in terms of metal) to mount to. You'll have to build some sort of bracket setup just to keep the lights securely in place. Having an 8" wide light, will be a bit heavy. I wouldn't just attache them to the plastic.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
?
A blinker delete mod? Your kidding right?
What do you mean? I have seen people turn their corners into blinkers and the bumper signals into fogs. Whats the problem? You should try to be helpful if anything. Thats why we are all here anyway, trying to help eachother out.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
?
A blinker delete mod? Your kidding right?
That would be illegal to delete your blinkers. So - I would hope slickyd already knows about that and knows he needs to move his blinkers somewhere else.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #7

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
lol yeah i was going to move the blinkers just didnt think i had to say it. but its cool. I can make a bracket or something for the lights thats no problem. What have other people used as fog/driving lights in those holes?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #8

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
just thought about this what about some led headlights down there. Led's put off little to no heat don't they?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #9

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Your stupid post is driving me crazy. I just saw someone on here last week that did this mod and I cant find it. I am looking everywhere. I know someone has to know. Please, someone post a link to the mod build so I can stop looking. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #10

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Your stupid post is driving me crazy. I just saw someone on here last week that did this mod and I cant find it. I am looking everywhere. I know someone has to know. Please, someone post a link to the mod build so I can stop looking. Thanks.
lol i know it drove me crazy too i could find anything.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys yea its true there is a mod to do this i have done it to my truckits really easyandit looks incredable you should definitly try it. only cost 6 bucks too!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure theres a rite up on here too about it thats where i heard about it. if you need help i cant tell you how
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #13

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
you can or can't help me. If you could just tell me the kind of lights you used it would be more than enough help. I can wire it up easy. I searched for a write up but didn't come up with anything about this kind of mod.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #14

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
just go to your local autozone or anything and get replacement clear blinkers then just switch the wires to the side corners and there ya go
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
Zombie Killer
Robbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to all

Air Force:
Robbsolid's Tacoma Gallery
i actually did something very similar. I relocated my turn signals to the side marker/ running light and they then became turn signals/side marker, and made my turn signal housings become running lights

I used this link as a starter

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/tacoma_turn_signal/

The only thing i did differently was SPLICE the hot wire for the RUNNING LIGHT, not the turn signal( youll be able to tell which is which when you test them on the new bulb) then I connected it(the parking light hot wire) to the old turn signals and replaced the bulb.

I did this on Aug 8th and they have held up great, and no burning or melting at all. hope this helps. PM me if you need some help
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to look at the "Switchback" LEDs from V-LED. They act as running lights, but switchback to amber turn signals when you turn your signal on. You just need to run a wire down to the turn signal sockets to give the white LEDs a steady 12V.
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/T...72050-1-2.html

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/T...31626-1-2.html

This is the 60 LED version lit up white.

Matt
Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #17

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
those are sweet. how do you like them.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickyd View Post
those are sweet. how do you like them.
I am fairly impressed by them. The white is pretty bright considering they are LEDs and generate very little heat. When they turn amber to flash as turn signals the amber color could be a little more bright, but still decent.

I went with the 60 LED version because it was available with 5000K LEDs (fairly white with only a hint of blue). The 92 LED versions only came with the more blue 6000K LEDs. I run non-HID headlights so I wanted a more pure white to better match the headlights.
Matt
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
Tacoma7382 is on a distinguished road
Tacoma7382's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights

Hey Taco lover's- I have a 2003 Tacoma DC and I want to switch the lower front signal's to driving/fog light's and make the corner's the signals.. Can someone please give me the step's on how to do this? Also, if you can tell me what kinda bulbs to use for the driving/fog light's and what kinda wires I need to use in case.. I don't think it should be that difficult and want to do it myself instead of taking it some where..

Thank's guy's.. Also, thank's for the head's up on the rear end jumping when coming to a stop..
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
dka is on a distinguished road
dka's Tacoma Gallery
i have the vleds switchbacks and love them.... they recently came out with the v3 tritons 600lm here is the linkhttp://www.v-leds.com/V3-TRITON-6K-W...-p9815099.html