Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

light bar or bull bar?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
light bar or bull bar?

Hey im new to this site so bare with me. i need help making up my mind, i cant decide if i should go with a light bar or a bull bar. Whats the installation like on the light bars from say nfab or defiant? What are the pros and cons of goin with either a light bar or bull bar?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Bullbar=strong protection, trust me...i know
Old 10-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
yah i was probly goin to end up goin with a black westin one anyway but i was a little curious as to what everyones thoughts were. Did you hit a dear or something?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
Bull bar, I pounded mine today after going face first into a hill coming down a trail.. Got out to check it and not even a scratch on the bar, prob saved me a $400 bumper.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
yah i was probly goin to end up goin with a black westin one anyway but i was a little curious as to what everyones thoughts were. Did you hit a dear or something?
yup hit a deer doing 40+ and rear ended friends new rubicon and dented the skidplate, its strong

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-hit-deer.html
Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Dane-Taco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Justus
Dane-Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
I would spend a little more for a practical bull bar rather than a $400 light holder! You can't even put a winch on Westin brush guards! (I know you said light bar, but brush guards are all that come to mind when I hear Westin)
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar looks better and installation is a beeze. I have an n-fab and it looks great. It you want full protection go with an offroad bumper. I heard of bull bars causing more damage in collisions. I also heard that certain bull bars ruin approach angles when offroading.

Quite pleased here with a light bar. I have four lights on mine and have used them quite often.