Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog lights on with DRL's

Old 10-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights on with DRL's

I was interested in finding out if others are configuring there lighting so that the fog lights are on while the daytime running lights are working. If so, whats the best way to getting them to work? thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. Ill check it out.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SURFTACO View Post
I was interested in finding out if others are configuring there lighting so that the fog lights are on while the daytime running lights are working. If so, whats the best way to getting them to work? thanks
I wouldn't try to jump the fogs off of the DRLs....even with a relay, because the DRLs are also your front turn signals. Depending on which side you use has the trigger for the relay, your fogs will blink with your turn signals.

If you already have factory fogs, do the mod in the link the fellas gave you. If you're adding fogs, then just use the parking lamp circuit to trigger the relay. This is what I did for my base model. So if I want to, I can run my fogs and DRLs together simply by turing on my parking lamps.