Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LightForce Help

Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
LightForce Help

ok.. i recently got some lightforce 240 blitz HID's... heres my problem, i installed everything i need to.. and i have a brown wire left over.. not exactly sure where this brown wire goes.. the instructions says something about a high beam and being "active" and i have to crimp.... but.. not exactly sure which wire.. i also have HID's...

any help would be nice.. thanks guys
Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
From what I see, there are 3 wires... correct? The red one with the fuse goes to the battery. The black gets grounded to the chassis. The brown wire should be the trip wire which you should tap into your high beams. This will trip the relay when the high beams are on and will also turn on your new lights.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

tapping off of high beams... how exactly do i know which wire is the high beam? i mean would that prevent my lights not turning on? ive put everything together and tried turning it on without having the brown wire connected to anything and it doesnt turn on
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
When I installed my HElla 500's I used a multimeter to find out which wire off of the main headlight showed 12v. I touched the black probe to the chassis to make ground then used the red probe to check the wires with the hi-beams on. Does that make sense? Hope it helps.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post
yes it does.. i guess i have to go buy a multimeter...thank you
Good tool to have when doing electrical
Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
Alaska Dude
akwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really nice

Name: chris
akwagon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to akwagon
If you unplug the headlight socket there will be three wires running to it. The tab closest to the center of the truck is high beam, I think its the yellow with pink, dont quote me.... but it is the inside wire out of the three
Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Or, you can buy a fuse tap and tap into where the high beam fuse is.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Random side thought: Have you checked the amp draw of your lights when they're all burning? Looks like you've got a serious setup there, it might be time to think about bumping up the alternator, especially if you don't have the tow package.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could get a test light and a friend and unplug your headlight harness. I did the same with my PIAA's but with the fogs. They shut off when i go to high beams(to stay legal) and only come on if the fog lamp switch is on(kinda like a master). Then i can turn my PIAA's on and off at will as long at the fogs are on. Sounds like the same thing but with high beams. Hope this helps
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #13

so i bought a multimeter.. found the wire that had 12v... tapped it in.. and put everything together and... it didnt work... meh.... i guess ill try to get this done at the URE meet... anyone want to help me?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
tapping into the high beams will only allow you to use the lights when your highs are on...If it were me I would want the option to be able to turn them on whenever I wanted to

red wire=power
black-ground
get a fuse tap and run the brown wire to that, this will allow you to use whenever you want but will turn off when the truck is off
Old 10-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
tapping into the high beams will only allow you to use the lights when your highs are on...If it were me I would want the option to be able to turn them on whenever I wanted to

red wire=power
black-ground
get a fuse tap and run the brown wire to that, this will allow you to use whenever you want but will turn off when the truck is off
x2
Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #16

ill try this tomorrow... one thing, the switch.. does it matter which way i hook it up? where does the brown and red leads go?? the instruction says from right to left? man oh man..

so just get a fuse tap.. maybe autozone / advanced auto parts might have.. tap it into the red wire from my HID's and viola?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #17
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mmm not sure what is what on the switch, maybe someone can post a pic of the back of their switch with what is what.

but the switch will have 3 prongs, one that will have a wire going to the fuse tap.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #19

hmm, idk, i didnt run a realy for my lights. maybe someone can post a wiring diagram or you can search through the lighting forum for one, ive seem them posted on here before

but I think one tab on the switch goes to bat. for power and other goes to relay power. not 100% though
Old 10-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
x3, this is how I have my 240s set up.
Just for some reassurance, X4...

I would NOT hook up my fogs/off-road lights relay signal to the high beam power. This will prevent you from using your lights when you would like to. Also, there is no need to spend the extra money on a DVOM. Spare your self the money and go get a 5 dollar test light from the auto parts store or wal-mart for that matter. Just find a positive power source that is always on when the key is in the ignition and you'll be good to go.