Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Tinted My Tail Lights Last Night...

Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Tinted My Tail Lights Last Night...

The pics aren't very good because of the high sun but here ya go...

Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Those look sweet!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
what did you use? I thought they were suppose to be glossy, some people's are and some arn't? I wanna do it but haven't quite got the balls yet to potentially mess up my taillights.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
what did you use? I thought they were suppose to be glossy, some people's are and some arn't? I wanna do it but haven't quite got the balls yet to potentially mess up my taillights.
I used Nite Shades Spray Tint. I wet sanded the hell out of em with 400 grit sand paper and let them air dry. Then I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface and put 3 coats of Nite Shades on and 3 layers of Clear Coat waiting 20 minutes between each coat. I like the dull matt black look better...i'm not much into shiney things
The shiney ones your refering to are like clear black stickers people put on their tails. I think this is more durable
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
looks good...whos the fine look legs in the pic?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Scott.....Next time, get a better pic of the legs walking by.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #10
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks good Scott.....Next time, get a better pic of the legs walking by.
i concur to this, refer to my previous post for proof
Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
i concur to this, refer to my previous post for proof
Great minds!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Great minds!
...think alike
Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna do this soon. Maybe next weekend. Except Im going to use the Line-X film.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I used Nite Shades Spray Tint. I wet sanded the hell out of em with 400 grit sand paper and let them air dry. Then I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface and put 3 coats of Nite Shades on and 3 layers of Clear Coat waiting 20 minutes between each coat. I like the dull matt black look better...i'm not much into shiney things
The shiney ones your refering to are like clear black stickers people put on their tails. I think this is more durable
If you wanted them dull then you didn't have to sand them. VHT Nite Shades are dull when completely dried. The glossy ones are only when you clear them or mix black with clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Im gonna do this soon. Maybe next weekend. Except Im going to use the Line-X film.
That stuff looks gray.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
That stuff looks gray.
Are there different shades?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #16
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Are there different shades?
Yes, you can get different percentages. But, when the sun is hitting your tails, it looks gray. Just FYI.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #17

He sanded them to promote adhesion of the tint, and I belive, he was going for the mat look. He doesnt like the glossy look.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
If you wanted them dull then you didn't have to sand them. VHT Nite Shades are dull when completely dried. The glossy ones are only when you clear them or mix black with clear.

That stuff looks gray.
Like chris said, I wet sanded first so that the paint would stick better Thanks for your 0.02 though...
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
...think alike
Will you 2 getta room! Jeeeeez!!!! j/k
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Will you 2 getta room! Jeeeeez!!!! j/k
EEwwwwwww!!!