Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone put lights here???

Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone put lights here???

Just wondering how it would look to have lights in here? Some small rectangular ones that fit flush or Perhaps even some kind of LED bar mounted in there. I like the discreet look, so if I found it to be a) Possible, and b) Functional- I would probably black them out so that you would never see em unless they are on.

Opinions welcome!

Anyone got any pics of any kind of lights in there? (where the arrows point, of course)

Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
I did on my first Gen

Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
blackonwhite is on a distinguished road
blackonwhite's Tacoma Gallery
i did and still have them they were only fifteen bucks at walmart and wrok great and are bright as hell.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

Nice, thanks for the pics!

It would be for an 07. I am looking up some of those thin LED lightbars. Some look like they would fit nicely back there- but they are SO expensive.

I like the idea of multiple lights all across that space.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm..looks a little to rice for me...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Funny I was looking at my truck yesterday and had the same thought!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Someone on here in phoenix had some... can't remember who though. It was an Indigo ink single cab
Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
hmmm..looks a little to rice for me...
I know what ya mean. I'm just wondering if the right color light, with some rectangular lights recessed in there that are blacked out would look clean. That way if done right you would not even know they are there unless they are on. I dunno.

I am going to measure that space tomorrow to see how many inches of LED lightbar I could fit back there.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
maybe these would fit well?

I havem on a bed bar and they work great
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
What would fit well?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Seagrave;1067588]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
maybe these would fit well?

What would fit well?
lol oops. I meant these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=37349
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/32174

these would work great!!!!! I have been thinking about this idea too! If you have more questions go directly to there web site at http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/xmitter/
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #13
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=dysfunctnlretard;1067591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
I have those ziptied to my rear bumper as reverse lights.

They're giant, ugly, dim, and crappy quality imho...but for 5 bucks apiece you can't complain.

I think they look good as reverse lights, or bed lights, but not for anything discrete, or use as driving lights.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/32174

these would work great!!!!! I have been thinking about this idea too! If you have more questions go directly to there web site at http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/xmitter/
lol!

Fucking NASA uses it, so you know it's good.

I'd really like to see how LED's fare against traditional halogen as far as brightness.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #15
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwaterski View Post
I know what ya mean. I'm just wondering if the right color light, with some rectangular lights recessed in there that are blacked out would look clean. That way if done right you would not even know they are there unless they are on. I dunno.

I am going to measure that space tomorrow to see how many inches of LED lightbar I could fit back there.

yeah...i can see that...if done right they would look alright...problem is most people that have the money to de them right can just get some good fog lights...i know because i used to be broke and i had a pair of those rectangular fog lights on my old vw bus...looked horrible but i could see SOOOO much better...

i would just say do some real fogs unless you are gonna make it a street truck..Ie lower faster and sleaker
Old 10-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Not for me
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
yeah...i can see that...if done right they would look alright...problem is most people that have the money to de them right can just get some good fog lights...i know because i used to be broke and i had a pair of those rectangular fog lights on my old vw bus...looked horrible but i could see SOOOO much better...

i would just say do some real fogs unless you are gonna make it a street truck..Ie lower faster and sleaker
I don't like the way big fog lights look mounted on the front of a truck. Just my opinion. I may get some HID's but only if they are not blue or "ricey" AT ALL. I do not like cheap looking HID kits, when the light is too blue, and not white enough.

I do not like the way those light bars mounted on the bumper look, and while I may get an avid bar at some point- I don't want big lights mounted on it either. I want the MOST stealth look I can get. Hence the blacking the lights out, and putting them in a dark and recessed location.

Price is not as much an issue- as the LED light bars I am looking at are $600-$900 just for a 20 inch unit. I have a 4x4, and I use it as that- but untill my C320 project car is finished this baby is gonna have to take me to those nice places with the GF where we get valet parked. I want it clean.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #18
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Meh