Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Official "Slimcubby" HID Kit Install DIY

Old 12-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #221
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for mod
Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #222
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Me too... when's the next group buy?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #223
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
Me too... when's the next group buy?
February 1st is the next group buy. Keep an eye out for it. I'll post link when it starts.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #225
TacomaKTMSkidoo is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
TacomaKTMSkidoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Now, BEFORE we mount anything, one should check their HID's to see if they work. I fired up my truck and well, the passenger side one worked but the drivers side did not. Bloody hell......let's see what went wrong.

Connections all secure....check.
Grounds secure.....check.
Bulbs secure.....check.

What could it be? Well, as it turns out, I switched the ballasts to the opposite sides (driver and passenger) by unplugging them only and voila, both lights now work perfectly! No noise or static from the stereo as some have reported, and no noise from the ballasts either. Man, these HID's sure are bright though! The fogs have GOT to be changed ASAP, because....boy, do they ever suck compared to the new lighting. The only thing I can think that might have caused one HID to not light initially is that sometimes HID's don't come on at the same time, especially when new, and it takes a few cycles of turning the lights on for a period of time and then off to "burn them in".

Now we need to mount our ballast boxes, ballast control boxes, and relay box. First clean the engine bay surfaces you want the velcro pads to stick to. Simply cut to size and attach your industrial velcro to the backs of the areas where you want to mount plus the back of the boxes and then stick the boxes in their locations. Here are where I mounted mine for each side from a suggestion from a fellow member earlier in this thread:

Drivers side ballast with box:

Relay control box:

Passenger side ballast and control box:

Next, just zip tie your loose wires together. You might have to unplug a few and untwist them as they tend to get wrapped around other wires, but just play with bundling both sides out of the way how you like and you're good to go.

Needless to say, the lights work flawlessly, and look absolutely incredible.

Enjoy your new HID's, and thanks Slimcubby!

Slimcubby seams a good site and a good product, have you had any problems after installation?
Thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #226
Z E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of light
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, can you guys recommend me some brands for HID kits? and where to buy them. We need h4 telescoping for our trucks right? I have a 2014 tacoma
thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 07:30 AM   #227
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z E R 0 View Post
Hi, can you guys recommend me some brands for HID kits? and where to buy them. We need h4 telescoping for our trucks right? I have a 2014 tacoma
thanks
www.slimshidxenonsource.com duh
Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #228
Z E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of light
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Lol thx!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #229
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for double post.. Slimcubby the bulb size goes up to 2011. And I have a 2014 will it be the same bulb size/type. Thx
Old 04-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #230
Mckernon is on a distinguished road
Mckernon's Tacoma Gallery
Bulb type?

just wondering, im ordering a hid kit and its asking what bulb typed? i need a hi low bulb right?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckernon View Post
just wondering, im ordering a hid kit and its asking what bulb typed? i need a hi low bulb right?
H4 Bixenon for headlights and H10 Single beam for fogs unless you have newest body style which is H11.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #232
Don't get eliminated!
Papa Smurf is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
Papa Smurf's Tacoma Gallery
Just completed the install for Bi-Xenons and fogs from the most recent group buy. I'm no electrical genius, but between the plug-n-play kit and this write-up, it was smooth sailing. Thanks Slimcubby and Cabletec!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #233
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, someone told me I need resistor on hids for tacoma, is that correct? Because I told him one of the bulbs is blinking and it change colors like from white to yellowish.. Thanks in advancd
Old 04-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #234

Quote:
Hi, someone told me I need resistor on hids for tacoma, is that correct? Because I told him one of the bulbs is blinking and it change colors like from white to yellowish.. Thanks in advancd
Negative. It sounds like you have a bad bulb.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #235
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have to remove the metal shield they have on?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #236

Quote:
Do I have to remove the metal shield they have on?
No the metal shields stay on. If you're trying to get the rubber boot to fit you can unlock the bulb from its base and lock with boot in between.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #237
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
How can I order just the h4 bulbs from ur website? Thx
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #238

Quote:
How can I order just the h4 bulbs from ur website? Thx
You can send me a PM with your Paypal email address, mailing address and order details. I will send you a Paypal invoice.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #239
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any advantage going with the 55 watt over the 30 watt?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Is there any advantage going with the 55 watt over the 30 watt?
The advantage is brightness. I always recommend the 35w for daily driving vehicles and 55w for those that drive more rural roads. Let me know if you have any questions! And be sure to PM me before you order for coupon codes.