Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Official "Slimcubby" HID Kit Install DIY

Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #241
Dangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the rough
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
So maybe this was covered in the thread.. aside from the how to I didn't read further..

But these are legal in our stock headlights? For some reason I was under the impression that HID kits in stock housings were illegal and that HID kits had to be in projector housings.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #242
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdave View Post
So maybe this was covered in the thread.. aside from the how to I didn't read further..

But these are legal in our stock headlights? For some reason I was under the impression that HID kits in stock housings were illegal and that HID kits had to be in projector housings.

Thanks in advance
They are not DOT approved like most aftermarket products you add to your vehicles. Some states like California say they are illegal but I have yet to hear a customer have any issues with them. I live in California and both my wife and I have them on our vehicles with no issues. Even if you purchase a projector housing from eBay the chances are it's not DOT approved either.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #243
colbyrainey is a jewel in the roughcolbyrainey is a jewel in the roughcolbyrainey is a jewel in the rough

Name: Colby
colbyrainey's Tacoma Gallery
Slim, is there a group buy going on right now? Or when is the next one? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #244
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyrainey View Post
Slim, is there a group buy going on right now? Or when is the next one? Thanks!
There isn't a current group buy going on right now but if you use coupon code "TACOWORLD" when ordering from my site www.slimshidxenonsource.com you will get free shipping.

I will start a group buy if I get more interest in one.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #245
bonsai3s is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
bonsai3s's Tacoma Gallery
Question Need help again...

Slimcubby...I need your help once again.

My passenger side headlight went out last week. 09'Tacoma PreRunner. I ordered a new replacement bulb, HID H4-4300k hi/lo,...thinking it was simply the bulb going out.

Removed and replaced the bulb this afternoon and it's still out. Checked the fuses under the hood and they were ok.

All connections ok. Driver side bulb working fine. Please kindly help. Not quite sure why the passenger bulb went out to begin with...then replacing the bulb did not work. Thank you in advance for those that can provide assistance.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #246
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai3s View Post
Slimcubby...I need your help once again.

My passenger side headlight went out last week. 09'Tacoma PreRunner. I ordered a new replacement bulb, HID H4-4300k hi/lo,...thinking it was simply the bulb going out.

Removed and replaced the bulb this afternoon and it's still out. Checked the fuses under the hood and they were ok.

All connections ok. Driver side bulb working fine. Please kindly help. Not quite sure why the passenger bulb went out to begin with...then replacing the bulb did not work. Thank you in advance for those that can provide assistance.

did u put the passenger bulb into the dirvers side, and vise versa?

Its possible that the ballast is bad instead
Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #247

Law Enforcement:
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
did u put the passenger bulb into the dirvers side, and vise versa?

Its possible that the ballast is bad instead

I'm feeling stupid again...did not realize the bulbs were specific to each side. Nothing inside the box or on the bulbs themselves showing one is for the driver side and the other for the passenger side. I will remove and install the "other" new replacement bulb.

If that doesn't work...I'll purchase a new ballast for the passenger side and replace that and see. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #248

Law Enforcement:
Question Tried it...

Switched the bulbs...perhaps the bulbs were specific to each side, one being for the driver side and one for the passenger side.......nope, it didn't work.

I removed the passenger side ballast and will order one tonight.

Anyone else have any idea?

Note: Just a recap. Passenger side HID H4 4300 hi/lo bulb went out last week. Driver side headlight still works. Fuse ok. Purchased replacement bulb and still not working. Thanks guys.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #249
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Hey slim! Do you have kits for a 2014 4runner? The other kits I had from you worked flawless for the last 4 Almost 5 years in my taco but I sold it to get my 4runner. Now I need some mo!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #250

Law Enforcement:
Smile Good news...

Thank you once again.

Got the new replacement ballast (Amazon: Innovited 35w, 12v, Slim type) in the mail yesterday. Installed it this morning and success...the passenger headlight works.

Lesson learned: If replacing the bulb doesn't work, replace the ballast. Note: The original ballast was purchased from carID, Notto SE HID kit, and lasted approximately 3 years.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #251
tony_the_tacoo
alcatone3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
alcatone3's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation coupon?

is there a current coupon code I can use? im trying to order some lights right now