Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Official "Slimcubby" HID Kit Install DIY

Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #141
Legend in my own mind
CableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of light

CableTec's Tacoma Gallery
Also here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...-lamp-aim.html
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #142
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of

Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Well it finally happend..had a blowout, best part is i cant remember which bulbs i got when i ordered the kit. I think they are 6000k hi/low (H4?). Anyone know where i can order just the bulbs?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #143
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Are most of you guys going 35W or 55W?
Bueller?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #144
Apprentice Modder
josh256 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
josh256's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a pair on Amazon. Search for XenTec or Kensun then color and size/format.. Anyone know why the Philips bulbs cost 10X as much?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #145
PhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the rough

Name: John
PhishPhryer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bueller?
would like an answer to this question as well. Thanks for all the info. Gonna tackle this mod soon.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #146
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
jmaglipay's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any hissing or humming noise coming from the speakers after installing the HID kit? I installed mine over the weekend and im getting a loud hissing noise from my speakers.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #147
Snoranger is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Snoranger's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone put these on a 2012 yet, and are there any differences from the CableTec's how-to guide?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #148
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
anyone have any hissing or humming noise coming from the speakers after installing the HID kit? I installed mine over the weekend and im getting a loud hissing noise from my speakers.
nope not at all but mine were ddm but still......check all your grounds hids n radio equip.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #149
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are most of you guys going 35W or 55W?
I would say 99% of my sales are for the 35w. The 35w is plenty bright trust me. If you go 55w you could run into issues with people flashing you. I recommend 35w for daily driving and 55w for off road only.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #150
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
Check your PM box you might have a location problem with the ballasts.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoranger View Post
Has anyone put these on a 2012 yet, and are there any differences from the CableTec's how-to guide?
Should be the same I don't think they changed anything on the 2012 that I know of.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #152
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
jmaglipay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
nope not at all but mine were ddm but still......check all your grounds hids n radio equip.
I moved the ground cable to the car battery ground cable. My amp ground cable is on its original spot. The humming noise isn't as loud as before but noticeable. I'm getting help from slimcubby also.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #153
KingRama4 is on a distinguished road
KingRama4's Tacoma Gallery
just installed mine earlier tonight. thanks slim for the lights n cabletec for the write-up. few questions...

-i have a humming coming from the ballasts. is this normal? how should i fix that?

-didn't read all the pages to this thread and ended up cutting one of the rubber boots. any cons to this? anyone who's cut em...have you had any moisture problems? i'd rather fix it now than later. thanks!!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRama4 View Post
just installed mine earlier tonight. thanks slim for the lights n cabletec for the write-up. few questions...

-i have a humming coming from the ballasts. is this normal? how should i fix that?

-didn't read all the pages to this thread and ended up cutting one of the rubber boots. any cons to this? anyone who's cut em...have you had any moisture problems? i'd rather fix it now than later. thanks!!
The humming from the ballasts is normal that's the sound of them warming up. I would just buy a new boot from Toyota to play it safe. Better than dealing with a bigger problem down the road.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #155
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
I would say 99% of my sales are for the 35w. The 35w is plenty bright trust me. If you go 55w you could run into issues with people flashing you. I recommend 35w for daily driving and 55w for off road only.
Thanks for the reply! Actually put this one on the back burner since I wasn't sure which to go with but now it looks like I may need to bring this one back to the front of the line as I hate the stock lighting in these trucks.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #156

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Actually put this one on the back burner since I wasn't sure which to go with but now it looks like I may need to bring this one back to the front of the line as I hate the stock lighting in these trucks.
Lol I hear ya! Looks like I am going to do a group buy for New Years since I have a handful of people wanting in on one asap!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #158
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh256 View Post
Anyone know why the Philips bulbs cost 10X as much?
OEM bulbs (Philips, GE, Sylvania, etc) are generally far superior to aftermarket in color, life, heat output, etc. Sometimes the OEM bulbs have a better or more even light output as well.

That's not to say you can't get good service out of aftermarket, but aftermarket often doesn't have the bazillions of dollars and engineering put forth to balance performance and reliability/longevity of a product.

With most things, you get what you pay for--which isn't the case as much anymore, when a lot of name-brands relabel cheap stuff and you pay for the name plate. Caveat emptor and all that.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #159
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Cool slimcubby hid

cabletec needed a replacement bulb 3 days after instal?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #160
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
I have been reading thought some post and have not found the answer to my problem. I installed my bi xenon hids and all connections are good and tight I get my hi beams to work but no low beams. The bulb moves to the low beam position but it shuts off. Any one have any idea what is going on with them ?