Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Official "Slimcubby" HID Kit Install DIY

Old 02-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #161
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Is this happening with both bulbs or just one side green?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #162
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Both sides I get both go beams but no low
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #163
Magik is on a distinguished road
Name: Freddy
Magik's Tacoma Gallery
Hello everybody, I have installed HID as cable tec has demonstrated us to do so. I have been very happy on how much lighting there is. My question is do you guys ever get flashed by oncomin cars or get pissed drivers?

I have read other post where they say you need retro fits? Is this true are you all running your HID light with stock headlights?, or aiming your headlights down?

Im sure this has been asnwered before but I really need some input from all you taco owners.... Thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #164
Magik's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so we do have to aim our lights to the point where could see the road still. This is true slim cubby does hook it up and I do appreciate the help i can get. Ill have to try this and see how it works out for me.

Are you runnign HID's too?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #165
Magik's Tacoma Gallery
Is it hard to get retro fits installed or do you have to replace the whole headlight to do so?

What do you reccomend?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #166
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Still could use some help with my problem
Old 02-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #167
Remotruker is on a distinguished road
Remotruker's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ready for a group buy!. Oh and I see that 35w and 55w are available. Why wouldn't you go with 55?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #168
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Remotruker, I'll be holding a group buy starting March 1st.

As for the 35w/55w I recommend 35w for daily driving and 55w for more rural or off road use only. The 55w's will result in getting flashed more than the 35w's.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #169
Remotruker is on a distinguished road
Remotruker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Remotruker, I'll be holding a group buy starting March 1st.

As for the 35w/55w I recommend 35w for daily driving and 55w for more rural or off road use only. The 55w's will result in getting flashed more than the 35w's.
That could be interesting but depends on who is doing the flashing

Thanks for the info, I'll check back in a couple of weeks. I need two sets for my Subaru and the Taco.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #170
Remster is on a distinguished road
Name: Remi
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
HID Bulbs side?

When you lock the bulbs under the spring, do the white strip ouside the bulb have to be on the right for both? let say im looking from behind the lights(motor side) they should be on the right in the headlight? Let me know what you think cause when i have them on lowbeams they are equal but when i flick the highs i notice that the reflection on the wall move a bit to the right. Oh and if you know a good method on how to adjust the alignment, im not shure if they are to high or to low. Sorry to bug you whit that.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #172
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
on the HID bulbs...does that white strip outside the tube have to be facing bown in the reflector?wich side should they go left or right? thx
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remster View Post
on the HID bulbs...does that white strip outside the tube have to be facing bown in the reflector?wich side should they go left or right? thx
Nope. They are not directional.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #174
TX TRD is on a distinguished road
TX TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Here's how you do it....

Adjust these two knobs in the pic above for each headlight - you may have to move the windshield wiper bottle out of the way on the passenger headlamp.....

See above pic - Lower left near the truck changes up and down. Turn it to the passenger side to move the headlight down. Dial it left (towards the drivers side) to raise the beam. The upper one (with the plastic cover) changes side to side angle. Right turns = beam moves to the right, and left move the beam left.

Same configuration for both sides.

Good info, thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #175
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
well how come when i flip the bulb around and reinstall them, the reflection changes?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #176
PolarBull is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
PolarBull's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed a -40 operating range limit.... I live in Alaska & -40 is not the coldest I have seen.... there are hid equipped vehicles here & I have not heard of problems....or is this just your product limitation?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBull View Post
I noticed a -40 operating range limit.... I live in Alaska & -40 is not the coldest I have seen.... there are hid equipped vehicles here & I have not heard of problems....or is this just your product limitation?
I believe that they work below that temp but that's what there tested at. I will confirm with my supplier for you and get back to you.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #178
Bud66 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Bud66's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I should of read this post before installing my hids. I broke the plastic tooth that holds in the retaining ring. Do I have to buy an entirely new head light assembly to fix this ??? ;( ;( ;(

Anybody have an ideas..? The stock bulb seems to sit in there fine, but without the retaining ring the HID light bulb is all over the place. I'll be blinding people. Doh.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #179
Just Member
rust is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
rust's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, Cableguy... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I freeked out when I opened the box but looked at your pic's & discription and got it done in twenty min!
It all went just as you said.. Thank you
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #180
Just Member
rust is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
rust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
Cool! Glad this is helping you guys out. Always nice to contribute to the forums in some way.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!