Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog lights on Ebay

Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
rockinray is on a distinguished road
Name: Ray
rockinray's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights on Ebay

I have a quick question about Fog Lights on Ebay. I found some that are listed as OEM and they actually are shaped with the tabs to snap right in the openings in the valance on the front. Problem is thay are listed as '05-'08. Will these fit in my '09. I think they would but just want to double check before I order them. Has anyone installed these, how do they fit?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Same fitment man. Or you can get these:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...fogs-05-a.html
Old 11-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Thanks for confirming this for me. Price is good on the other ones except I am going to need the harness. My Taco is not prewired for them, I have searched high and low inside the front end and cannot find any harnesses like other people have. Plus I am thinking of getting the smoked ones.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinray View Post
Thanks for confirming this for me. Price is good on the other ones except I am going to need the harness. My Taco is not prewired for them, I have searched high and low inside the front end and cannot find any harnesses like other people have. Plus I am thinking of getting the smoked ones.
Yeah I bought the smoked ones too. Just haven't installed them yet, lol
Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you certain that it's not pre wired? Crawl under the front bumper and look up. The wires are taped near the fog light blanks.

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Are you certain that it's not pre wired? Crawl under the front bumper and look up. The wires are taped near the fog light blanks.

Cheers.
Yes, I have crawled underneath and looked all around there and there are no extra wires there anywhere. If they are there they are hidden really well. I am surprised though because although I do not have the camera in the tail gate, it is pre wired for that and even by the mirror.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Yeah I bought the smoked ones too. Just haven't installed them yet, lol
Where or who did you buy your fog lights from? There are a couple of dealers in California that have the OEM style fit ones that just pop right in the opening in both clear and smoke.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the ones off ebay that come with the harness & switch. Ditch the switch & wire up the oem one. Several threads with how-to pics for each step of the routing in here.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, I have crawled underneath and looked all around there and there are no extra wires there anywhere. If they are there they are hidden really well. I am surprised though because although I do not have the camera in the tail gate, it is pre wired for that and even by the mirror.
Yea that is really strange. What model is your truck?

The next time you have it in for service, ask them to have a quick look for the wires. You would think that the wires for the for lamps would be there before the wires for the backup camera.

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Yea that is really strange. What model is your truck?

The next time you have it in for service, ask them to have a quick look for the wires. You would think that the wires for the for lamps would be there before the wires for the backup camera.

Cheers.
It is an '09 Access Cab SR5. What I was told by a sales rep was that the fog lights are a factory only option but I have heard quite a few other stories as well.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is an '09 Access Cab SR5. What I was told by a sales rep was that the fog lights are a factory only option but I have heard quite a few other stories as well.
I have the exact same truck but it's black. I also didn't have the camera in the tailgate but the wires were there and the fog light wires were located up near the blanks in the bumper. I can't remember if they were taped to the bumper or they might have been taped to one of the metal parts behind the bumper.

I purchased a camera for the tailgate handle and the rearview mirror with the screen and I also installed the fogs.

Strange that the wires aren't there!!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
No man, the base model trucks dont come pre-wired. (I think)
Mine did not.........
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #14
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where or who did you buy your fog lights from? There are a couple of dealers in California that have the OEM style fit ones that just pop right in the opening in both clear and smoke.
I got them from a company called racer union. They also go by X3 racing.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #15
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
4 cyl trucks are not pre-wired for fog lights. Only V6 models are.

Here's a great thread on ebay foglight kits. It was very helpful when I installed mine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-tacomas.html
Old 11-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
4 cyl trucks are not pre-wired for fog lights. Only V6 models are.

Here's a great thread on ebay foglight kits. It was very helpful when I installed mine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-tacomas.html
Thank you for confirming that about the prewire for fog lights. Probably same reason I don't have a camera in tail gate (but it is prewired) although everyone thinks it should be there. I will have a look at the thread above.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
If you are still looking...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...5-shipped.html