Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light HID+LaminX?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light HID+LaminX?

I just recently installed 3000K (yellow) HIDs in my factory foglight housings and I'm pretty happy with the results. Before I ordered the HIDs I had ordered yellow tinted LaminX film for the fogs but never installed it. I would like the daytime look of the yellow tinted LaminX film on the fogs but don't want to compromise the light output of the HIDs too significantly. Now knowing my desired outcome, does anyone think I will be successful installing the yellow tinted LaminX film without compromising the light output of the HIDs? Has anyone tried this?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Nova,

Was the lights you put in just the bulb or was there wiring involved. If it was just plug and play could you point me in the direction of where you bought yours or what the part number is? Also how easy/hard was this to do.

Thanks Bro!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major91 View Post
Hey Nova,

Was the lights you put in just the bulb or was there wiring involved. If it was just plug and play could you point me in the direction of where you bought yours or what the part number is? Also how easy/hard was this to do.

Thanks Bro!
I got mine from the last Slimcubby Group Buy. There is a current group buy going on, get in on it. All the ingo you could ever ask for regarding HIDs is in those Group Buy threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I think you should apply the lamin-x, I like how it looks. If you decide you don't like it all you have to do is remove it.
Thought about that but I don't want to screw up the LaminX that I could possibly pass on to a member here.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
What's that burnt melting smell?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
post pics of your truck with the HIDs! what did you get in the headlights? 4300k? Im thinking about doing that to my white Taco
Old 11-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have that exact setup....3k HID's and the yellow lamin-x. It does not compromise the HID's at all!!! My HID's are so bright in the first place!!! And they havent melted yet. That lamin-x is pretty thick stuff!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
What's that burnt melting smell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
White? I say put it on if it doesn't burn it.

Yep white. I think it would look good but I am concerned with the melting of the film. Can anyone confirm that HIDs, specifically 3000K, create more heat at the fog lights lense than the standard halogen bulb?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
post pics of your truck with the HIDs! what did you get in the headlights? 4300k? Im thinking about doing that to my white Taco
6000K Bi-xenon in the headlights. Don't have any pics right now sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I actually have that exact setup....3k HID's and the yellow lamin-x. It does not compromise the HID's at all!!! My HID's are so bright in the first place!!! And they havent melted yet. That lamin-x is pretty thick stuff!!!
THAT is the kind of info I'm looking for! Thanks!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novakills View Post
6000K Bi-xenon in the headlights. Don't have any pics right now sorry.

THAT is the kind of info I'm looking for! Thanks!
Yeah no problem! I say go for it!!! I love mine!!!