Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ebay black headlights

Old 11-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay black headlights

Just curious if anyone has bought black headlights from ebay. They are selling from 75.00 to 100.00 a pair. I am afraid to do the bhlm myself and these are new so hopefully factory sealed and will not fog. Seems pretty cheap to me. Thoughts?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...=p4506.c0.m245
I know not everyone likes this style but I didn't want to do the BHLM either after reading some of the mistakes. I've had them on for almost 2 months and have no fogging issues and they just plug directly into the factory headlight plugs. The only thing is they are giving me some interference on my favorite radio station . Overall I'm very happy with them though.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
atmotocrosser is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
atmotocrosser's Tacoma Gallery
cntstan - I like the look of your lights. Might have to consider these for my white taco

How's the light output from them versus your stock housings?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the BHLM and ended up totally screwing up my headlights so I bought the Ebay ones. They've been on for 2 years or so with no issues. The headlights did require major adjustments to get them aiming right so be prepared for that possibility. I also had to buy a long shaft phillips screwdriver to do it since I didn't have one long enough.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have those ccfl ones the other guy posted about too. No issues with fogging, AM radio station interference but not FM or CDs or MP3s. I think the output on the projector dims is slightly better than oem - different beam pattern. The brights seem like 100w bulbs or somethin, they are noticeably brighter than the oem brights.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
cntstan - I like the look of your lights. Might have to consider these for my white taco

How's the light output from them versus your stock housings?
That's one of the things that kind of bugs me. There is a VERY distinct line where the light stops at the top, if that makes sense?? For example, if you park close to a wall, the light has a straight flat line at the top where it cuts off. The output is a little less but not so much that I can't live with it. The brights work very well. They are super easy to adjust by hand and seem to be well made.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
got mine off e bay almost 1yr and im getting a foggy drivers side now.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some ebay black headlights and had some fogging issues but fixed it my cooking them in the oven and resealing them. I love the way they look it was well worth it.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna be buying a set off ebay in the next couple weeks. These ones to be exact http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I'm gonna be buying a set off ebay in the next couple weeks. These ones to be exact http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories
I was checkin those out too but was also thinkin about just doing HID fog lights instead. That way I'd have dims, brights & HIDs.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
That's one of the things that kind of bugs me. There is a VERY distinct line where the light stops at the top, if that makes sense?? For example, if you park close to a wall, the light has a straight flat line at the top where it cuts off. The output is a little less but not so much that I can't live with it. The brights work very well. They are super easy to adjust by hand and seem to be well made.
The lines are the cutoffs in the projectors. Check out how the pass side one is tilted up to light up the side of the road & the drvr side one is tilted to keep it out of oncoming drvers eyes. That's my first thought since they aren't level.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i bought mine from ebay, they suck. both fogged up within a few months. but they do look good with the clear turn signal lens. if you want to get them and take the risk of them fogging up go ahead. just gotta re-seal them
Old 11-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #13

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
The lines are the cutoffs in the projectors. Check out how the pass side one is tilted up to light up the side of the road & the drvr side one is tilted to keep it out of oncoming drvers eyes. That's my first thought since they aren't level.
Makes sense to me. I was wondering why the light pattern was like that.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Those would look bad ass on your truck man!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
tandurq is on a distinguished road
tandurq's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got some closer pics of them that they can post from their truck?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
view my sig
Old 11-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #17

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go tandurq

Old 11-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
tandurq is on a distinguished road
tandurq's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. Those look sharp.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm thinkin about unpluggin the dots on the bottom of mine. I keep thinkin it's too busy with those.

cntstan - I like the eyebrows blockin some of the top parkin light. also unbusy's the lights a bit more but no front side marker with them covered. Have you been hassled for inspections or by cops?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #20

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I'm thinkin about unpluggin the dots on the bottom of mine. I keep thinkin it's too busy with those.

cntstan - I like the eyebrows blockin some of the top parkin light. also unbusy's the lights a bit more but no front side marker with them covered. Have you been hassled for inspections or by cops?
Do you have to take the lights apart to disconnect those 4 small lights? I would like to do that. As far as being pulled over for the lights......not yet, but I try not to give them any other reason to pull me over either.