LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hella 700ff HID conversion.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #61
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Looks great! Sweet Access Cab BTW.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #62
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a free DDM HID kit from my buddy (35w high/low) who is upgrading...

is it possible put this kit in hellas and get the "high" output somehow, or am I stuck with low?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #64
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Should be able to select hi or low..
I mean if I hook them up like regular aux lights (to the battery and a rocker switch) would I get full light (bright mode) output?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #65
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
I mean if I hook them up like regular aux lights (to the battery and a rocker switch) would I get full light (bright mode) output?
also curious.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #66
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
Name: Johnny
Hydrolai's Tacoma Gallery
to my knowledge if you did that, its possible to choose. youd need a switch 3 position switch. its like double pull single throw ? not sure, but the 3 wires on the kit is 1 positive for low beam and 1 positive for high beam, leaving the last wire for ground. just have to play with it and see which wire is which.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #67
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had problems with their lights cutting out when driving? Sometimes I'll have them on on a dark road and the lights will just shut off. If I leave them off for 10min or so, they will turn back on again. Maybe something is wrong with the ballasts? I just tried to mimic whats happening in the driveway but they wouldn't turn off, it's only when I'm driving. It couldn't be the alternator because other stuff would shut off too, not just the Hellas.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #68
Sconnie
mudthedoor has a spectacular aura aboutmudthedoor has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
what light bar do you have?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #69
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
you guys think this would be possible with hella 500s without overheating?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #70
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
you guys think this would be possible with hella 500s without overheating?
It works fine with hella 500's. I have 5 across my light rack on my toyota. It will be the same bulb and same external ballast. The 500 is just a little smaller
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #71
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Got three hella 700's. Def need to convert them to hid's.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #72
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to doing the conversion on my 500s. Went with 35w 3000k in them to have some nice fogs. The actual fogs in the bumper are already 5000k. Not done with all the wiring but did test last night and the lighting is pretty good. One of the bulbs had a loose wire on one side so ordered another pr of bulbs so I'll end up with a spare bulb after all said and done. Both ballasts good. Running wiring to 2nd oem switch. Going to auto parts to get some loom and other bits to tidy up install. Pics later when done.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #73
ornithology is on a distinguished road

ornithology's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks great! I might actually do this...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #74
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #75
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
when ordering the HID kit from the mentioned website on the first post.
are any of the other items needed? or are those just "extras"? mainly the HID Harness... ?? is that just a wiring harness for hooking up the lights?

I plan to wire up 4 700FF hid converted lights and do not want to order something i dont need.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #76
Hellfish1066 is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Hellfish1066's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
when ordering the HID kit from the mentioned website on the first post.
are any of the other items needed? or are those just "extras"? mainly the HID Harness... ?? is that just a wiring harness for hooking up the lights?

I plan to wire up 4 700FF hid converted lights and do not want to order something i dont need.

I was also curious about the "extras" , do you need to order the wiring harness?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #77
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
I just converted two 700ff's over to HID a few weeks ago. Man they are bright! All you need to order from DDM is the HID Kit. It comes with the bulbs and ballast. No need to buy the harness, brackets, or anything else.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #78
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You do need a switch & wiring/relay to get wiring from switch out to bumper area to hook the ballasts up to & to the battery or fuse panel but yeah, don't need anything else from DDM but the kit with ballasts and bulbs.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #79
RyanC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have the 700's mounted on a first gen with the factory bumper and no light bar? I am about to order some but am worried they may be too large to make it work...if they are then ill have to do the 500ff's..
Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #80
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered an HID kit to do these to my 500ff's if there is ever an nice weekend to install them after I change my grill, been nothing but rain and cold lately. If these work well, I might just order another pair of 500ff's and HIDs to have 4. (BAMF Light bar)