Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Putting dash switch in upper row of blanks?

Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Putting dash switch in upper row of blanks?

How do I get to the upper set of blanks to fit a dash switch in?

I can reach the lower row by pulling out the change holder in front of the fuses, but can't get to the upper row.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
msaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of light
msaniac's Tacoma Gallery
The way I did it was get someone with a small hand to go up there and remove the blanks. All the switches come out of the front with a little force (there are tabs there so a little wiggling popped them out). To get the wiring in there I just ran a coat hanger down and pull up wire - plugged it in while the switch was out and popped switch in. For my custom switch I soldered wires onto switch fed wires down and then popped switch in.

I know this might not be what you're looking for but just how I did it. I couldn't find a great way (at least easy way) to get to those switches. Didn't feel like taking entire dash apart.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Easier way is to just remove the whole console. It's only about 5 10mm bolts.