Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning HID

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
macftw85 is on a distinguished road
macftw85's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning HID

i was looking to upgrade my factory headlight (low beams) for HIDs. i looked around and notice DDM tuning had good reviews.

after looking at there website, i noticed that offered 2 kinds of ballasts (35w and 55w). i want my HIDs to be white with a slight hint of blue color to them. i was wondering weather the 35w or the 55w would better for my truck. thanks.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Well as far as the color you want goes, you would probably be best of with 6000k, which in essence is white, with a tinge of blue. As far as the 35-55w change goes, the 55w is more or less an offroading light output. For just standard driving around town, you would not need the 55w... its overkill for not too much more output. The wattage is the power output, the kelvin is the color temperature.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
6000K and go with 35W, it's all you really need unless you live in the woods.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
I recently put DDM 55watt 6k heads in my wifes altima and there really bright. Not too bright though, we never get hi beamed by anyone. It does have a nice hint of blue in them. I'm gonna end up replacing my HID's in my XRunner with the same 55watt 6k setup.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my HID's from them. I got the 4500k though, pure white. I got the 55w though and people hi beam me 24-7. On my way home tonight some guy actually pulled over and let me pass him cuz I guess it was blinding him. I love it when Im offroading though. Ive done a few night runs and the lights are amazing in pitch black. Get the wattage thats appropriate for your use.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
thanks for everyones replys. i notice that my high beams and low beams come from the same bulb. which kit do it get from DDM for my HIDs. thanks.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
you want the H4 Bi-Xenon kit. Im running the 6000k 55W kit and have no problems. I never get flashed. But, I did spend some decent time adjusting my headlights after to get them just right.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
will i have to get the wiring harness with the HID kit? thanks.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #9
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
is the 50 dollar price advertised for the full kit?
it seems pretty cheap, am i missing something?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
you want the H4 Bi-Xenon kit. Im running the 6000k 55W kit and have no problems. I never get flashed. But, I did spend some decent time adjusting my headlights after to get them just right.
H4 Bi-Xenon=H4 Hi/Lo?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Please do everyone else on the road a favor and get projectors if you are getting HIDs
Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macftw85 View Post
will i have to get the wiring harness with the HID kit? thanks.
It comes plug n play ready with all of it's own wiring that ends up plugging into the oem headlight plug. If you're talking about the extra/optional battery relay harness thing, I got one just to protect my wiring even with just the 35w kit. Peace of mind thing for the most part but hey, it won't melt any wiring having it. Don't wanna find out the hard way. It's a slow death from what I hear so it wouldn't mess it up immediately, it'd show up as gremlins here & there & go from bad to worse. I would def use it with the 55w kit or any bi-xenon kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macftw85 View Post
H4 Bi-Xenon=H4 Hi/Lo?
Yes & bi-xenon kits cost more because they are both hi & lo beams.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

. <<<<<< ATTENTION, ATTENTION >>>>>>>>>>>>

35w ddmtuning raptor HID kits for 29.95, 1 yr warranty - gitcha some! 40 shipped ground!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/Ap...it-102-85.html
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
. <<<<<< ATTENTION, ATTENTION >>>>>>>>>>>>

35w ddmtuning raptor HID kits for 29.95, 1 yr warranty - gitcha some! 40 shipped ground!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/Ap...it-102-85.html

that $30 for just the low beams
$40 for low/high beams.

still a great deal
Old 11-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

yeah, 10.00 cheaper than just a few weeks ago when I got the same h7 kit for the lo beams on my 323F. Gettin h10 for the Taco fogs this time.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
please help me understand, what is the difference between those sold by ddm and the ones on the recently gb: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...1-15-09-a.html
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The 29.95 ddm ones are comparable to the 104.95 slim ballast set of lo only. Not sure if the gb are lifetime warranty or not. Other than that I'd say the only difference would be about 75.00. I'm sure there's some magic reason, somebody'll post up........
Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
different suppliers
Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Electronically and quality wise theyre probably very similar. They are both chinese made kits. BUT! One thing to consider about the DDM kit vs the GB kit. I've installed a couple of the GB kits for members and the ballasts only have 1 screw hole. This doesn't seem like a big deal. but, it requires you to be more creative with the mounting. What i mean is that you need double sided tape if you plan on using something like a self taping screw. Even if you use a regular screw its not optimal. The DDM kit ballast has three mounting holes. Slap them on a piece of sheet metal and drive in 3 self tappers and those suckers arn't going anywhere.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
I ordered my HID's from them. I got the 4500k though, pure white. I got the 55w though and people hi beam me 24-7. On my way home tonight some guy actually pulled over and let me pass him cuz I guess it was blinding him. I love it when Im offroading though. Ive done a few night runs and the lights are amazing in pitch black. Get the wattage thats appropriate for your use.
The lower the color temp, the higher the output (lumens)...with the 55w no wonder you're getting flashed. I bet you're roasting peoples eyeballs left and right.

Products Discussed in this Thread