Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Projector retrofit with aftermarket headlights

Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
Projector retrofit with aftermarket headlights

Anyone in here retrofitted OEM HID projectors into aftermarket projector housings (like these: http://app.infopia.com/img/image/fp/...mg-2/img.jpg)? I currently have a plug and play HID kit with the stock headlights, and I want to go with some better optics, but don't like the look of a tiny projector sitting in the middle of an otherwise unused OEM reflector.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I did:

Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I saw your thread, but for some reason I thought you had done an OEM retrofit.

Was it pretty much a straightforward swap of the projectors? I've done a number of BHLM's so breaking down lights is easy for me, I'm just concerned about how much fabricating I'll need to do once I'm in there. Do OEM projectors pretty much the "4 screw" mounting system?

Your truck is bad fvckin ass by the way!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
What do you mean by OEM? They're all OEM because they're from other cars.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Swollen Member

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
OEM as in being stock in another vehicle
Old 11-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
I did it and trow them to garbage. The projector are of an inferior quality. I took them off and bought a set of projector with hid- the one that you do the retrofit by your self. Again I was wrong. Finally, after spending more then $600 and destroy my oem headlights , I decide to hire a professional for a professional job. I went to Custom Lights and have the guy do the retro again. He used Infinity FX projector, Philips , all brand new (OEM) inside a Euro style Headlight that I got from internet. All I can say is that I wish I have done this from the start. A little bit expensive but every time I turn ON the lights at night, I congratulate my self for a good decision. You can see the pics on Speedway Blue pics-post. You can use different size and design (type) of sroudder around the projector to fill up (cover) the rest of unused Oem projector. Some guys used some paint also. Good luck with your decision.