LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

On the fence for HIDs

Old 11-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
On the fence for HIDs

I want to swap out my headlights as well as my Hella 500s to HID, but I read and hear the hids have issues? Can someone who has had them for awhile chim in? Pros/Cons?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly HIDs are pretty reliable as long as you mount your ballast in a safe spot and have a strong ground. Also use a real connector when splicing wires together, dont just twist wires together and put tape over them.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Honestly HIDs are pretty reliable as long as you mount your ballast in a safe spot and have a strong ground. Also use a real connector when splicing wires together, dont just twist wires together and put tape over them.
I thought the DDMs were plug and plays? What needs to be spliced?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
I thought the DDMs were plug and plays? What needs to be spliced?
oh my bad, i meant for the hellas if you wire them to the hella wiring harness.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
plug and play for headlights, a little modification for the hellas
Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #6

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Done, DDMs ordered last nite, for a 100$ for both sets I cant go wrong.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!! Youll be happy!!! Youll never want to drive a car with out HID's once you get them IMO!!!!! The dim yellow stock light will never look the same again once you get HID's, trust me I was running silverstars in a projection headlight and only thought those were bright untill I got some from DDM!!!!