Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What lights do you reccomend for under lighting?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
What lights do you reccomend for under lighting?

I want to throw on some lights underneath my truck so I can see what I'm doing on the rocks and in the snow at night. I was thinking about getting some of these, they are "Platinum Burners Series" 55W driving lights. They are about 1.5" wide and maybe 1" tall. Wal-mart has them for $20/pr and I was thinking about getting 4 paris of them for under lighing. I don't know if this would be a good pick or if there are better lights for what I'm looking to use them for. If you have any input, please post away.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anything cheap. They will eventually get boken. FWIW, on my First gen, I mounted the one shining on the passenger side, on the driver side of the frame, and the ones shining on the driver side, I mounted on th epassenger side. Seemed to give a good coverage. I mounted the lights at the rear (frame in front of rear tire) aimed sligtly forward, so as to give some visibility on the sides of the front tire. It wasnt perfect, so you will have to play around with the best mounting spot.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Ok. So do you think 4 pairs of them would give me fairly good lighting?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Ok. So do you think 4 pairs of them would give me fairly good lighting?
4 PAIRS? Yes. I was running 4 and felt pretty good when in the dark. 8 total should be JUST FINE.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #5

Ok. At $20 a pair for 4 pairs, I think $80 is a reasonable ammount for underlighting.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Ok. At $20 a pair for 4 pairs, I think $80 is a reasonable ammount for underlighting.
Yeah. Thats a good deal. And they are small, so you should be able to mount them almost anywhere.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these fog lights at wall mart they were called burners i think. They are great! Very small. Alot of light output. And the lens is very hard so i dont think anything is going to break them. And the best part is they were only 18 bucks.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Vision X tantrum Rock Light Kit.
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/tantrum/
They don't have a price listed?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hil-stw is the part number for the white led's. $119.00
any pics of the kit?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
I bought these fog lights at wall mart they were called burners i think. They are great! Very small. Alot of light output. And the lens is very hard so i dont think anything is going to break them. And the best part is they were only 18 bucks.
I think we are talking about the same lights. I found the small ones at wal-mart for only 20 buks a pair. Can't argue with that.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
nvm
Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #14

Quote:
hil-stw is the part number for the white led's. $119.00

How much brighter would these be than 55W halogen lights?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 AM   #15
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know how bright the other lights are but the little 55 watt halogen lights are really bright. I have one on each side and i can see perfect in the dark.