light bar decisions

View Poll Results: which light bar?
A. 36 42.86%
B. 25 29.76%
C. 23 27.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
light bar decisions

A.^^^

B. ^^^

C.^^^

well, i need fogs for my truck ..and robert AKA. evilmonkey so graciously photoshoped three light bars on my truck...which one should i purchase?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i like that one as well...but this would be for the street and the lights i thought about getting were the Hella 500 fogs on the inside and maybe some KC highlights drving 100watt on the outside of the light bar
Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
get that avid thing if you're not going to replace the whole bumper
Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #6

the hellas would be going on the outside of the bull bar row..and what avid thing? do you mean aries bul bar with the two lights?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
no i mean the avid lightbar. run a search, it looks like the arctic trucks lightbar thing.. pretty good looking and i think its only like 150
Old 11-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #8

wow...i will definitely look that up. thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #9

well, it looks really good..but i dont think i have 400 dollars to shell out for the bar and lights and all ....believe me..i love it...but its alittle steep for me right now
Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
A for sure
Old 11-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
83cj is on a distinguished road

83cj's Tacoma Gallery
I like c, it gives you a nice little skid plate also.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The Avid is the way to go. Brandon fab'd mine with no light tabs, but he can put as many as you want in just about any location. It's one of the few light bars that doesn't overwhelm the front end of the base truck.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
..but i dont think i have 400 dollars to shell out for the bar and lights and all.....
BTW, Brandon offers a discount to TW members.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
2yr Old Co-Pilot
nharkey85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Neil
nharkey85's Tacoma Gallery
I say option A. doesnt look overkill on the truck. bull bar just looks too bulky (and they make me sick) personally i think the avid bar is too much metal just to mount some lights on.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #16
Bachenstien is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Andy
Bachenstien's Tacoma Gallery
You would look like a *** with "C"
Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #17
50909eddie has a spectacular aura about50909eddie has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eddie
50909eddie's Tacoma Gallery
ill sell you my blacked out bull bar??
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #18

wow..thank you everyone for the opinions and thoughts..currently i am researching a plain jane smitty built light bar from four wheel parts...questioin tho...i fi get lights..what can i get away with on running on the road? maximum wattage or candle pwer
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachenstien View Post
You would look like a *** with "C"
which one do you think would be suitable?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #20
Whaaat?
Jay W. is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Vounteer Fireman: Walker McElmoyle #16
Name: Jay
Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
wow..thank you everyone for the opinions and thoughts..currently i am researching a plain jane smitty built light bar from four wheel parts...questioin tho...i fi get lights..what can i get away with on running on the road? maximum wattage or candle pwer
It depends on the laws/regulations in your area and the beam pattern of the lights (driving, spotlight, fog pattern). I wouldn't run an aux. light thats going to blind oncoming drivers.