Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Cop Lights Illegal?

Old 12-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Cop Lights Illegal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbdR7...eature=related

I was looking around and i think it would be pretty sick to just have some cop lights for when u go to the desert or something? a party maybe? are they illegal? if your not using them to mess with people.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
ya i believe they are still illegal tho. but maybe not if they are always turned off whill on the road.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
They are illegal even in the desert. Granted its hard to get caught when nobody can see you but we tried it one time so we could go out on a night ride and always see the guy in the back. BLM didn't think it was funny. We got chewed out pretty good.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
illegal on the road, at least where I live, and I'm sure even off-road you could get pinned for impersonating an officer if you did something that merited attention from the law
Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well no i would have them off a secret switch somewhere you wouldnt think. so no one could push it. but i would just have them for fun. =) haha
Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The one time you "accidentally" turn them on and get caught, will make you wish you never had them in the first place. Either become a cop, or don't put them on.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #9

Calm Down. haha. So If i just got white or blue... what if i did it for my emergency or hazard lights?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by James3492 View Post
Calm Down. haha. So If i just got white or blue... what if i did it for my emergency or hazard lights?
You're not listening. DON'T do it.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #11

hahaha. Okay okay. i wont do it. lol
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by James3492 View Post

Being "technically" legal might not get you carted downtown but it certainly won't win you any friends in the LE community. Prolly not the best move to make... just sayin'
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing how you are in California I would review the vehicle codes.

They can be found here.

Regarding flashing lights on a vehicle.

It states
Quote:
Flashing Lights

25250. Flashing lights are prohibited on vehicles except as otherwise permitted.

Amended Ch. 223, Stats. 1963. Effective September 20, 1963.
Permitted flashing lights
Quote:
Permitted Flashing Lights

25251. (a) Flashing lights are permitted on vehicles as follows:
(1) To indicate an intention to turn or move to the right or left upon a roadway, turn signal lamps and turn signal exterior pilot indicator lamps and side lamps permitted under Section 25106 may be flashed on the side of a vehicle toward which the turn or movement is to be made.
(2) When disabled or parked off the roadway but within 10 feet of the roadway, or when approaching, stopped at, or departing from, a railroad grade crossing, turn signal lamps may be flashed as warning lights if the front turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously and the rear turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously.
(3) To warn other motorists of accidents or hazards on a roadway, turn signal lamps may be flashed as warning lights while the vehicle is approaching, overtaking, or passing the accident or hazard on the roadway if the front turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously and the rear turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously.
(4) For use on authorized emergency vehicles.
(5) To warn other motorists of a funeral procession, turn signal lamps may be flashed as warning lights on all vehicles actually engaged in a funeral procession, if the front turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously and the rear turn signal lamps at each side are being flashed simultaneously.
(b) Turn signal lamps shall be flashed as warning lights whenever a vehicle is disabled upon the roadway and the vehicle is equipped with a device to automatically activate the front turn signal lamps at each side to flash simultaneously and the rear turn signal lamps at each side to flash simultaneously, if the device and the turn signal lamps were not rendered inoperative by the event which caused the vehicle to be disabled.
(c) Side lamps permitted under Section 25106 and used in conjunction with turn signal lamps may be flashed with the turn signal lamps as part of the warning light system, as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3) of subdivision (a).
(d) Required or permitted lamps on a trailer or semitrailer may flash when the trailer or semitrailer has broken away from the towing vehicle and the connection between the vehicles is broken.
(e) Hazard warning lights, as permitted by paragraphs (2) and (3) of subdivision (a) may be flashed in a repeating series of short and long flashes when the driver is in need of help.

Amended Sec. 23, Ch. 945, Stats. 1997. Effective January 1, 1998.
From what I gather in my research and lack of effort to post up... In short You can have them you just can't use them.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
If you do it make sure that you take pictures and let us know how jail is
Old 12-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Seeing how you are in California I would review the vehicle codes.

They can be found here.

Regarding flashing lights on a vehicle.

It states

Permitted flashing lights

From what I gather in my research and lack of effort to post up... In short You can have them you just can't use them.
Thank you for your information that you have given. =) I will not put them on. haha.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red taco View Post
They are illegal even in the desert. Granted its hard to get caught when nobody can see you but we tried it one time so we could go out on a night ride and always see the guy in the back. BLM didn't think it was funny. We got chewed out pretty good.

Off topic here, but you need to update your avatar pic. Here's the car with it's new mods:

Old 12-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Off topic here, but you need to update your avatar pic. Here's the car with it's new mods:

Holy Shit.... Not the same car but thats an intense picture. I was in Italy and took those pictures just over a month ago. I like it with the ALL IN ONE PIECE Mod that I saw it with.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Theyre freakin sweet... I must agree.

BUT, no bueno. The charge of "Impersonating a Cop", does not go over very well in the judicial system. Dont do it.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Then again, when you're 17 anything is posible.
take care
vbibi
Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #20
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red taco View Post
Holy Shit.... Not the same car but thats an intense picture. I was in Italy and took those pictures just over a month ago. I like it with the ALL IN ONE PIECE Mod that I saw it with.

Do they have more than one?