Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2008 dcab eating low beams?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
pmuzik is on a distinguished road
pmuzik's Tacoma Gallery
2008 dcab eating low beams?

Hello from delaware, I look forward to browsing the wealth of info here and hopefully contributing. I registered last night and searched for an answer to my question but did not find anything specific to my situation.

I have a 2008 dcab TRD longbed and as of last thursday it has now gone through 5 sets of headlights. It is always the low beam that cooks and there seems to be not pattern as in always left first, right first etc.
high beam has never gone on either side. I replaced the originals ( which lasted about 9 months from recollection)with sylvania's three times and within 3-6 months the low beam cooked on one side or the other. fourth set was wagner and got about 4 months. Installed GE thursday night so I'll see how long that brand lasts. I have always replaced both at the same time.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
hmm sounds pretty crappy. take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it, or call them and tell them the problem and see if they could give you something to check.

and as for them being pointed all over the place, you can adjust them pretty easy, if you look at the back of the headlight there will be two black covers, covering up a metal knob, the upper knob adjust the light from side to side, the lower knob will make it go up and down.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
stupid question...Are you touching the bulb when installing them? You shouldn't touch the glass otherwise the oils in your skin will boil on the surface causing the glass to crack.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I totaly forgot about that part ^^
Old 12-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
pmuzik is on a distinguished road
pmuzik's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply's

I WILL be talking to the dealer for sure, what good it does wwill be the $64000 question lol I told them about it after the third set and got the baffled look. I will express myself a bit more clearly this time around.

I do not touch the glass at all when installing. none of the lamps have failed in that fashion only the low beam element.

voltage reg no other electric issues that would indicate that.