Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Behind grillcraft/satoshi

Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Behind grillcraft/satoshi

Which lights do you prefer or are using behind your grill? If using fogs, does the light pattern get cut off on the sides? Do you feel it restricts any airflow to the radiator? How close to the radiator are the lights?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
I have Hella 500s behind my grille. I recently replaced the bulbs w/ HID. I like the look it gives the front of the truck. My lights are about 1" away from the radiator.

How much are you willing to spend on fog lights? $100?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to get a decent set for $300. I would love the hid but every lamp I've checked out is $300 a lamp.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #4

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
check out these ... they are great
http://www.sidebysidesports.com/7hidoflica.html
I would have to say that would be perfect! Thanks dude!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
I would have to say that would be perfect! Thanks dude!
Those will be a little tougher to fit behind the grille because of their depth but it can be done. Someone on here with a speedway blue tacoma put those behind their grillecraft.

There isn't enough room to put those behind on a recessed grille though, and no one has done it yet (correct me if I'm wrong someone).
Old 12-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Those will be a little tougher to fit behind the grille because of their depth but it can be done. Someone on here with a speedway blue tacoma put those behind their grillecraft.

There isn't enough room to put those behind on a recessed grille though, and no one has done it yet (correct me if I'm wrong someone).
You are correct, PreRunnerSeth has those lights behind his grille. Here is the thread where he posted pics of them...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...hts-grill.html
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the process of trying to come up with a way to put them behind on a recessed grille. It's taking longer than I thought
Old 12-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
correct me if in wrong but isnt that only a single that is displayed?
Yup you are correct, they are sold individually. Not everyone runs them in pairs.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Mall Krawler
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of PreRunnerSeth's lights compared to to a standard halogen light.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
sixonthefloor is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired
sixonthefloor's Tacoma Gallery
Hows the glare on that blue Tacoma. Looks like it would blind the shit out of me on the road. Did you lower your headlight beam
Old 01-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
check out these ... they are great
http://www.sidebysidesports.com/7hidoflica.html
Dont know if all autozones are like the one I work at, but we have those lights exactly the same for like $99 I think. I am thinking about getting them when I get my satoshi done.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #13
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Dont know if all autozones are like the one I work at, but we have those lights exactly the same for like $99 I think. I am thinking about getting them when I get my satoshi done.
Goodluck fitting them if you are doing a satoshi. They are 5.75 inches deep if I recall correctly. So as long as you recess the grille all the way it's a no go.

I'm making a new satoshi for myself just to fit a set of those. So far I've cut off almost 2" so it's not as deep.

Edit: that's for a 2nd gen....not sure about 1st gen
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Goodluck fitting them if you are doing a satoshi. They are 5.75 inches deep if I recall correctly. So as long as you recess the grille all the way it's a no go.

I'm making a new satoshi for myself just to fit a set of those. So far I've cut off almost 2" so it's not as deep.

Edit: that's for a 2nd gen....not sure about 1st gen
Yeah they prob. wont fit. I did not think about the fitment issue. Not sure how much Ill have as far as space but ill see when I get it done. Any others that are a slim design?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
Tacomamoose is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Tacomamoose's Tacoma Gallery
lights

would you recommend these over piaa 520 smr lights behind a grillcraft mx grill of the ones that you have?