Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

hey you! with the 55W HID's

Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #41
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Picture above mostly posted for comic effect, but really it's a matter of courtesy. I could light up whole town and it would benefit my visibility tremendously but I'm not the only person on the road and have to consider how my action affect those around me.

Yes, I can see better with all the lights on, but if all the drivers around me are blinded by glare or have to squint or avert their eyes then it makes for a far more dangerous situation than having dim headlights.

Assuming reasonable height vehicles, the low beams should be aimed so that the top edge of the light pattern is 2 to 3 inches below the centerline of the headlamp at 25 feet. Tonight, go find a wall, measure the height of your headlights, put some masking tape on the wall, back up 25 feet, and start adjusting.

The rest of the driving world will thank you.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #42
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
Can't see what you posted there Juggernaut.
Fixed
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #43
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 18 wheeler hit his breaks, pull to the side flip me off as I passed then hocked me for blinding for the last 30 miles. I didn’t realize how bad my lights were aiming up after the TSB and 5100 until this happed; I adjusted them the very next day. I'm talking about stock lights with just a small lift.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #44
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
I have a set of 35w, and also have projectors. I admit I do have them set up high but I like to see at night! I get flashed sometimes but not enough that I think I need to lower them any. And I had one smart a$$ flash me so I flashed my highs which are silverstars that are shining into outerspace, He dimed quickly and then brightened his lights again. Needles to say I switched back to high beams and I have to say my highs were a lot brighter than his so I think I won!
What you should have done is slammed head on into his car to really teach him a lesson. That way, I can have two less high-beam drivers on the road.

Seriously though, I flash my brights, but I won't keep them on. I'd like to think that having 1 blind driver and 1 asshole non-blind drive will prevent a wreck.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #45
This space is in BLANK mode.
Artiz is a jewel in the roughArtiz is a jewel in the roughArtiz is a jewel in the roughArtiz is a jewel in the rough
Artiz's Tacoma Gallery
I just feel the same when I'm driving down a dark rural road. You can't see shit for the next 500 meters.

Just imagine every next house's kids get outside and run down the road to catch up the ball, what a bloody mess these HIDs just created.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #46
2yr Old Co-Pilot
nharkey85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Neil
nharkey85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Well can i say i hate when people brake check me at night just cause my truck with stock headlights and standard driving lights on sits right in their rear view mirror!! Its not my fault!! Or flip me off!! GAAAHHHH!!!
thats not because of your headlights....thats just A.I.S. Alabama Idiot Syndrome. at least 90% AL residents suffer long term. they are all over the T-Town area
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #47
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Try that with me.
Where are the jack stands?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #49
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
I;m sorry but my friends and I disagree with you... lol

Old 05-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #50
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixseven View Post
I;m sorry but my friends and I disagree with you... lol