Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

L.E.D. light bar help

Old 03-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
L.E.D. light bar help

Hey everybody,
I was looking at buying one of those led light bars that go just under the tailgate and act as additional brake lights blinkers etc. On the box it says all needed wiring included ,but i have a 07 prerunner without a tow package so can where would i hook up the led bar to my truck at? Or would i have to buy some other part first? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brett TX
Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Never done it, but I would guess you could solder the wire to the trailer brake light wire. LED bars probably don't draw much power, so no relay would probably be needed. You could always try it and if you blow the fuse, run another wire back there.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I would assume you just splice into the stock brake/signal wires behind the tail lights.

Probably need to splice brake and left (or right), and then splice into the other signal as well.

Tail lights have 2 bolts where the tailgate closes, and then snap connectors on the outside edge. So just yank on them after the 2 bolts are out (smaller ones, not the larger one above the tailgate latch hoop).
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As stated in the OP, he doesn't have the tow package. So then no trailer harness. IIRC, non-tow package trucks are not pre-wired for a trailer harness.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
As stated in the OP, he doesn't have the tow package. So then no trailer harness. IIRC, non-tow package trucks are not pre-wired for a trailer harness.
oops. I read it but skipped the "out" part of "without"
Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I just wired mine into the pass tail light. pretty easy to do

Justin
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormhole7 View Post
Woops, me too.
good thing won of us kan reed sew kwestshuns get answered write....
Old 03-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #10
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormhole7 View Post
Woops, me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
good thing won of us kan reed sew kwestshuns get answered write....
LOL yall guys are great!!!