Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ideas on where to put my aux lighting switches.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas on where to put my aux lighting switches.

I need some ideas on where I should put my auxilary light switches. I'm going to have 5 switches all together. I have a 1st gen, so that might change your ideas as to where they should go.

I saw a pic on here of a guy's dash, he had a few switches hooked up to a plate in the space below his aftermarket stereo. I liked that idea but I can't seem to find the picture. If you know where this pic is, post it please.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Nobody has pics or ideas?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #4

Good idea. I'll check that out.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
i mounted mine right under the little fold down coin tray where the fuse box is, but mine is an 09.you could also go to the stealership and get some foglight switches and mount them in the empty slots if you have any
Much like mine, I actually had them mounted inside the tray so you can't see the switch unless you open the coin tray. Easy to do while driving.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i used the blanks underneath the ashtray in my 02...but that only provides you with 2 switches...

what do you need 5 for?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #8

Foward facing on my roll bar, rear facing on my roll bar, front bumper lights, rear bumper lights, and underlighting.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
wow thats alot of lights. post up a pic with them all on. bet it looks sweet!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #10

It will. I hope. I already have my lights on the roll bar set the way I want. I have to get 4 pairs of small 55W lights that are goung to be mounted underneath. I'm getting custom front/rear winch bumpers. There are going to be 2 lights in the bumper and 4 mounted ontop of it on the front bumper. On the rear, there will be 2 lights mounted in the bumper. I plan on having an optima yellow top and an optima red top when I have my lights and winches all hooked up. I'm also thinking that I'm going to need an oversized alternator. I'm gonna be drawing A LOT of electricity.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 04, this is where I have my switches, there is another beside this one (one does my fog lights & the other does my back up lights). Soon there will be a 3rd for my bed lights inside my topper.
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas on where to put my aux lighting switches.-my-switch-on_1.jpg