Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Underhood Lighting Project Complete

Old 12-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Underhood Lighting Project Complete

I used some Oznium LED Floods to make it happen. I'm extremely happy with the amount of light and the floods disperse very nicely. For now, they are not switched (have to pull fuse at aux fuse box to turn off / on) but I will be installing a hood switch soon to have them come on automatically when the hood is opened.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
ruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud of

Army:
ruppmeister's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good. I like the struts you put in and the lights just add to your hoods greatness.

Thanks for the idea, I may be trying this at one time or another.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Turtle
Just4fununlimited is a jewel in the roughJust4fununlimited is a jewel in the roughJust4fununlimited is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyrtl
Just4fununlimited's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Just4fununlimited
Sweet!! I'm gonna have to hook this one up.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
That last picture looks freaking cool
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Very VERY nice. Get that auto switch in and it's gold!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
props!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Freakin sweet mod! How long did it take ya to install?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
elliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to behold

elliott.estes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to elliott.estes
super clean.. I could of used this today instead of wearing my head light. I just might have to do this!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
WHO DAT!
AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
AverageJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Very smart. I wonder if they've ever thought of doing that kind of thing to cars when their making them. Fantastic idea.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys. It only took about an hour for me to install. I will have to go in later and put in the hood pin switch, but that will only take a few minutes once I figure out where I want to put it.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
Very smart. I wonder if they've ever thought of doing that kind of thing to cars when their making them. Fantastic idea.
Some cars do have this.

OP, those things are BRIGHT!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well DONE!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
Male Member

Added a mercury switch and took a couple more pics of how the wires are routed:

Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #15
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!

Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Those are awesome!! I wonder how they would do as like rock lighting in the wheel wells??
Old 01-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Will the Merc switch activate the lights when accelerating?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #18
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a part number for the LED floods you used?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #19
eschmunk is a jewel in the rougheschmunk is a jewel in the rougheschmunk is a jewel in the rough

eschmunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Will the Merc switch activate the lights when accelerating?
+ 1, this is what I thought as soon as I seen the switch. Why not just install a pin switch?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #20
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
^ good question. And what is the advantage of a mercury over a push pin? I guess it's easier to install.

This is something I am going to mess with this summer.

I also have Redline Hood Struts and am very pleased with them. Definitely worth the money. Good looking setup under there! Now go paint your engine cover!