Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help on Running Lights

Old 12-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Name: Timothy
TX TRD Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Help on Running Lights

Question...are the running/parking lights located between the grill and headlights supposed to turn on when I turn on parking lights?

I would like to have those two lights come on when I am running parking lights. I don't want them on all the time like a daytime running lamp though.

Could you guys help me out? I have an '07 TRD Sport 4x4.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, IF you have the daytime running light feature then they will stay on until you turn the headlights. If you turn on the parking lights, they (the DRL) will still stay on. If you don't have that feature (easy mod) then the only thing you'll see will be the two little corner lights of the headlamps and nothing in the middle.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Ok, so can I get those parking lights next to the grill on without the Daytime Running Light mod?

I just want them on when I run parking lights...is that possible?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Not to my knowledge. I haven't seen it done, but of course that doesn't mean its impossible. The reason being is probably because its a turn signal. I've seen other members make the little light on the corners blink but not the opposite. That's a good question. Perhaps someone will chime in.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
2yr Old Co-Pilot
nharkey85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Neil
nharkey85's Tacoma Gallery
i think i had tried what OP is wanting to do. seems like it worked fine as a running light, but with running lights on and hit a blinker it gave me superblinkers. I THINK, been a long time since i tried this. ended up just doing DTRL mod
Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #6

what is the DTRL mod?