LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Off road light help

Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Off road light help

So i currently have PIAA 40 driving lamps (POS), came with my Westin Bull bar, which i am trying to sell, but anyways I am trying to decide which lights to buy. I know of PIAA, Hella, IPF, Light force....etc. Im looking for a good 6" driving light. Any recommendations? Oh and im looking to spend around $200
Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
just go with any of the above that you listed, they are all good brands. the lightforce gets my vote though
Old 12-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I have PIAA 520i Plasma Ion driving lights that work well. My dad put Lightforce lamps on his jeep with the covers that supposedly give you both driving and fog. They work pretty well too.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so ive been doing some research for the past few hours, work is a bit slow now and ive narrowed it down to PIAA 520, PIAA 540, Hella 500, and KC Slim lights.

Besides the color of the bulb is there any real difference between the PIAA 520's and 540's?

Also the KC slim lights have a driving and Off Road beam pattern, any one have any insite on the differences?

Anyone have any of these lights and care to post a pic so i can see what they would look like on a tacoma.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have the hella 500's they are only 55w bulbs and are not that bright. I am in the process of converting them to HID's though...

the pencil beam will be like a spotlight, alot of intense light in a smaller beam.
the euro and driving beams will be like your highbeam lights for the most part, a overall midrange pattern. for ideal lighting I would go with 2 pencil and 2 euro/driving lights.

I would get a set that is 100w.

with the lightforce you can swap out the covers and get any combination of beam patterns or light colors you want.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the Slimlites.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #7

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the KCs? which pattern do you have?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #8

they are the long range. it says in his sig'
Old 12-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #9

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
haha, nice call, thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #10

Old 12-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Kragen sells HID offroad lights for around 100 each, they come in 4 inch and 7 inch.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't they up around $130 now? I now they did go on sale for that price but I missed out.

I ordered a set few days ago so hopefully I'll have them sometime around xmas.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #13
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Kragen sells HID offroad lights for around 100 each, they come in 4 inch and 7 inch.

the kragens look good but the beam of light bounces all over the place on small bumps and bad on the trail.

Products Discussed in this Thread