I ordered a couple of temporary lights to use. A used driver side and aftermarket passenger side.
Bought some TL projectors. Then bought some Philips 85122+. Mitsubishi ballasts and harness. Then Gatling shroud.
I only started working on 1 side. I wanted to see how it would go. Well,I finally manage to test fit the 1 i've been working on today. But it sure wasnt simple. I live in an apartment, and there isnt a level wall I can shine my light at to see if the cutoff is level. So I have to leave the property to look for a location.
When I first got to the location, about 5 mins away. I put my projector setup in and then try to connect the ballast... FFFUUUU. My projector sits too far inside. The ballast cap wont fit on the bulb. Hitting the outside of the housing. Needs about 1/4" or so more.
Drive back home, did a little more cutting. Then head back out again. So I'm mounting the headlamps again and connect the ballast. Then connect the harness and FFFUUUU, forgot the adapter at home. .
So I start putting everything back away and I drop a screw/bolt that holds my headlights into the engine bay. Sound like it hit my skid plate. So I remove that, and find my screw. Then head back home again to get my adapter.
Head back to location, and FINALLY get to turn on my projectors. Looks good. Looks pretty level. Might need an ever slightly clockwise rotation, but it should be fine as is.
I'm still tryin to decide on how I want to cover it up. I would prefer a vacuum formed cover. But the investment is not worth it to me, for just 1 use. The gatling shroud, I did not like. I might just use a flat sheet of ABS.